An Old School Catholic Message Board

Checking In From The Convent!

morostheos

Hi everyone!

I've gotten all of my stuff moved in and my family just left earlier today after spending the weekend here with me. Everything is going well so far!

It turns out I won't actually officially be entering prepostulancy for a few weeks, until everyone's schedules line up. :) So until then I'm living in the retreat center. It's kind of surreal, I feel like I'm just visiting them again, it hasn't sunk in yet that I'm here indefinitely! LOL.

As always, you are all in my prayers. :amen:

Thanks for checking in! It's great to hear from you, and I hope all goes well over the next few weeks as the reality does 'sink in' - you're there for real!

Different than you had planned, but sometimes these things turn out better than they would have if you were fully in charge. Hang in there.

I didn't know you were thinking about the religious life, tells how much I'm out of the loop and absent from this phorum. What order have you entered?

laetitia crucis

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1284924457' post='2174638']
Hi everyone!

I've gotten all of my stuff moved in and my family just left earlier today after spending the weekend here with me. Everything is going well so far!

It turns out I won't actually officially be entering prepostulancy for a few weeks, until everyone's schedules line up. :) So until then I'm living in the retreat center. It's kind of surreal, I feel like I'm just visiting them again, it hasn't sunk in yet that I'm here indefinitely! LOL.

As always, you are all in my prayers. :amen:
[/quote]

It's like you get to have an extra retreat before really entering!!! I think that's pretty cool. :like3:

Thank you for the prayers!!! :yahoo: You will remain in mine as well!

This is probably a very good thing. It's like entering without being thrown in a whirlwind. I am so glad that you are still able to be with us here in VS. :)

AccountDeleted

How wonderful for you. That happened to me when I went for my live-in visit. They put me up in their visitor's flat and I stayed there for a week or so while I met each sister individually in the parlor. At first I enjoyed the rest since I didn't do all the Hours with them, but eventually I was just eager to go inside, and finally it happened. I think the anticipation will increase your longing and that will be wonderful. :clapping:

Stay in touch as long as you can. Prayers for you - please remember us all! :nunpray:

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1284943632' post='2174755']
Yes, I think it is a good thing too! :) And it's so cool that I can still talk to you all while I'm here! :woot:
[/quote]

Wait you get to stay on phatmass during your postulancy? [color="#006400"] I'm greeeeeeeen
[/color]

Well, during PRE postulancy. Postulancy won't be for another year still, I'm not sure what the rules will be then. Although I don't really have much time to check in! I used to post on all the different parts of phatmass, but lately the only part I can keep up with is the vocation station. :lol:

VS is the best place to be!!! I'm amazed at how addicting phatmass is (especially VS) I mean I here aaaaaallllll the time reading and lurking. And to think I only joined just about a month ago!

• 1 month later...