An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fr. Thomas Dubay, S.m..

littlesister

Father Dubay went to his eternal reward early yesterday morning in a Washington, D.C. hospital. He has been a resident with our Little Sisters of the Poor for some time, still giving classes to the postulants and known for his graciousness and humor. His wit and devotedness stayed with him to the end. May he rest in peace!

What witness he gave! Even in infirmity he was was gentle and kind. He remarked how much weaker he felt, compared to that time of life when he was writing all his books. But certainly Christ only grew stronger in him. An incredible witness throughout life, but especially as a resident.

Edited by Lilllabettt

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='littlesister' timestamp='1285602973' post='2176228']
Father Dubay went to his eternal reward early yesterday morning in a Washington, D.C. hospital. He has been a resident with our Little Sisters of the Poor for some time, still giving classes to the postulants and known for his graciousness and humor. His wit and devotedness stayed with him to the end. May he rest in peace!
[/quote]

From knowing him, I can definitely say that there is a great chance he is in heaven now...Fr. Dubay, pray for us!

I'll miss him so much...

I love his work. He was a very deeply spiritual Priest, maybe Holy.

Someone said he passed away (yesterday) Sunday morning. Would that mean he passed on Mercy Sunday? There should be tremendous graces in passing on that day.

Fire Within, Prayer Quests, Contemplation, etc. I won't forget him or his work. I already miss him. :cry:

teresitacarmel

I'm dumbfounded...I ordered "And you are Christ's" and "Fire Within" and I just got the delivery like half an hour ago! Then I read this post and I was like, what!?!?! He passed away!? RIP, Father [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/amen.gif[/img]

if he was able to spend even a fraction of his time practicing the things he has so faithfully and beautifully taught to so many souls, then he is a great saint! Like my brother and I were saying when we found out...i'm not sure whether to pray for him or to him! haha. i am so grateful for his books. His books have been a blessing to myself and my family. Since he belonged to the Society of Mary, I pray Our Lady bring him into that perfect union with her Son.