An Old School Catholic Message Board

Teresa Of Avila Novena Time!

vee

Yes ANOTHER novena! But this time its to the magnificent, marvelous, intelligent, wonderful, fantastic, feisty, and very funny Teresa of Avila :love:

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oSp3Z28aqy8/Sp1QCVC7_iI/AAAAAAAAAjs/EjfRRrnVt7o/s320/st_teresa_of_avila_rubens.jpg[/img]

[size="2"][b]First Day:
[/b]O most amiable Lord Jesus Christ! We thank Thee for the great gift of faith and of devotion to the Holy Sacrament, which Thou didst grant to Thy beloved Teresa; we pray Thee, by Thy merits and by those of Thy faithful spouse, to grant us the gift of a lively faith, and of a fervent devotion toward the most Holy Sacrament of the altar; where Thou, O infinite Majesty! hast obliged Thyself to abide with us even to the end of the world, and wherein Thou didst so lovingly give Thy whole Self to us.

Say one Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory be.

V. St. Teresa, pray for us:

R. That we may become worthy of the promises of Jesus Christ.

Let us pray: Graciously hear us, O God of our salvation! that as we rejoice in the commemoration of the blessed virgin Teresa, so we may be nourished by her heavenly doctrine, and draw from thence the fervour of a tender devotion; through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, Who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. Amen. [/size]

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1286407306' post='2178238']
Yes ANOTHER novena! But this time its to the magnificent, marvelous, intelligent, wonderful, fantastic, feisty, and very funny Teresa of Avila :love:

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oSp3Z28aqy8/Sp1QCVC7_iI/AAAAAAAAAjs/EjfRRrnVt7o/s320/st_teresa_of_avila_rubens.jpg[/img]

[size="2"][b]First Day:
[/b]O most amiable Lord Jesus Christ! We thank Thee for the great gift of faith and of devotion to the Holy Sacrament, which Thou didst grant to Thy beloved Teresa; we pray Thee, by Thy merits and by those of Thy faithful spouse, to grant us the gift of a lively faith, and of a fervent devotion toward the most Holy Sacrament of the altar; where Thou, O infinite Majesty! hast obliged Thyself to abide with us even to the end of the world, and wherein Thou didst so lovingly give Thy whole Self to us.

Say one Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory be.

V. St. Teresa, pray for us:

R. That we may become worthy of the promises of Jesus Christ.

Let us pray: Graciously hear us, O God of our salvation! that as we rejoice in the commemoration of the blessed virgin Teresa, so we may be nourished by her heavenly doctrine, and draw from thence the fervour of a tender devotion; through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, Who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. Amen. [/size]
[/quote]

OK sis I am right i step with you and have begun praying it. I sure wish it were simpler like Therese. It seems the bigger you get the longer the novena's get. LOL

Hmmm.... it confuzzles me how last week she was the saint of sadness, model of misery. and fount of all frowning and this week she is magnifivent, intelligent feisty and funny! You sure are a fickle one! Any way I am sure she is having a good laugh at stalking you! :dance:

What lovely prayers! I used to have a not-so-favorable image of St. Teresa in my mind, but it's changed quite a bit recently. Her writings are amazing, and her wisdom is profound. I pray that she'll share some more with me during this Novena!

& vee... our avatars look a little similar... & not quite Carmelite :o Yay for the month of the Most Holy Rosary! :nunpray:

[quote name='holly.o' timestamp='1286411792' post='2178256']
What lovely prayers! I used to have a not-so-favorable image of St. Teresa in my mind, but it's changed quite a bit recently. Her writings are amazing, and her wisdom is profound. I pray that she'll share some more with me during this Novena!

& vee... our avatars look a little similar... & not quite Carmelite :o Yay for the month of the Most Holy Rosary! :nunpray:
[/quote]
rotfl :like: Lets keep them!

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' timestamp='1286410645' post='2178253']
Hmmm.... it confuzzles me how last week she was the saint of sadness, model of misery. and fount of all frowning and this week she is magnifivent, intelligent feisty and funny! You sure are a fickle one! Any way I am sure she is having a good laugh at stalking you! :dance:
[/quote]

Ah you mean this post I made in the PPC thread. Ya she is still all of those things too!

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1284916879' post='2174589']
Edited to add the first and foremost of all Carmelite sad sacks.... the saint of sadness.... the model of misery.... the fount of frowning..... TERESA OF AVILA :cheer:
[img]http://marymackillop.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Saint-Teresa-of-Avila-1515-15821.jpg[/img]
[/quote]