An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

LaPetiteSoeur

You start typing 'vocation' whenever you type 'vo'

You can scare your friends by recognizing habits of certain orders.

You used to wear a towel on your head and pretend to be a sister...and sometimes you still do.

Your doll as a little girl had a nun outfit.

You get [i]those looks[/i] from sisters.

People mistake you for a nun even when you're in street clothes.

Please feel free to add!

Dieu vous benisse!

when you see a woman on the street in a black or grey business suit and think how nice it would look with a veil

when you see a middle aged woman with short hair, conservative dress and some sort of religious emblem (cross, pin etc) and you just know.

Edited by ksterling

she_who_is_not

[quote name='ksterling' timestamp='1287061970' post='2179566']
when you see a woman on the street in a black or grey business suit and think how nice it would look with a veil

when you see a middle aged woman with short hair, conservative dress and some sort of religious emblem (cross, pin etc) and you just know.
[/quote]

I was at a hospital picking up medical records wearing a black suit, white blouse, and with a crucifix on a chain. An aide in the elevator told me I looked like a "really young sister"

Edit: can't type nothing write!! Ha Ha.

Edited by she_who_is_not

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1287051477' post='2179548']People mistake you for a nun even when you're in street clothes.[/quote]

Happened to me, ha! :hehe:

For me at least, you do not feel sad that you can't get married and have children .. because you know you ARE getting married (to the most beautiful Husband [i]ever[/i] for all eternity!! :love:) and will be having children (spiritual children) .. and you consider yourself engaged, not single.

...when you spend your vocations going on pilgrimages with a bunch of retired people rather than hanging out with family or friends your own age.

when you type "vocations" instead of "vacations

...when you spend your vocations going on pilgrimages with a bunch of retired people rather than hanging out with family or friends your own age.
[/quote]

ameliabedelia

when you see someone with long dark hair out of the corner of your eye..thinking its a veil you quickly turn and look...only to be disappointed!

SoonerCatholic

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1287094278' post='2179642']
when you see someone with long dark hair out of the corner of your eye..thinking its a veil you quickly turn and look...only to be disappointed!
[/quote]

Hah! I've done that before. It also happens when I see men in black and then I realize it's not a Roman collar

You know you're a future nun when you're the youngest person in daily Mass and your hero is St. Therese of Lisieux and you plan your vacations around convent visits.

ameliabedelia

when you dream of the day you get all your hair cut off and look like a boy

(because we all know what comes next [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nun.gif[/img] )

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1287094278' post='2179642']
[/quote]

That happened to me today-- no joke! I was at Mass and the lady across the way had a dark hairband and really dark hair, and I definitely thought it was a veil at first!

[quote name='SoonerCatholic' timestamp='1287101206' post='2179661']
Hah! I've done that before. It also happens when I see men in black and then I realize it's not a Roman collar
[/quote]

My college also had a seminary attached to it, so it was an extremely common occurence to see hundreds of men walking around in clerics. It became just a natural thought-- men in black = priest/seminarian. VERY DIFFICULT to stop making that connection when off campus!!

[quote name='ksterling' timestamp='1287088222' post='2179620']
when you type "vocations" instead of "vacations"

[quote]...when you spend your vocations going on pilgrimages with a bunch of retired people rather than hanging out with family or friends your own age.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Haha, oops....

I was...distracted....

When you start to secretly pick and write out your desired religious name (like a teenager doodling Mrs. so and so)

teresitacarmel

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1287120157' post='2179716']
When you start to secretly pick and write out your desired religious name (like a teenager doodling Mrs. so and so)
[/quote]

Oooh! *ahem* I do that!!![img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/dance.gif[/img]