You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

dominicansoul

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1289187542' post='2185671']
If it's not too personal a question....
May I ask what's keeping you away??
[/quote]

lotz of things,

but I don't think I've ever really had a calling to be a NUN...the cloister is definitely NOT where I belong....

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1289184548' post='2185654']
Don't you have homework to do? :P

seriously though, there have been people who asked me if i was an ex-MONK before I joined up, so it seems logical to assume that some ladies would be asked if they were ex-nuns before joining up.
[/quote]

This is true...i get that from family members who don't know Im discerning.
As a matter of fact just yesterday I had a family babyshower and I was called nun by an uncle and another one told me "When you marry Jesus....." (I dont remember what else he said)

LaPetiteSoeur

When your theology professor says "You are so ready for the convent!"

Too bad I have four to five more years to go! Maybe I'll be super prepared...

Dieu vous benisse!

Hinter dem Horizont

You know you're going to be a priest when...

You constantly picture yourself wearing the collar or cassock

All you watch on youtube are vocation videos

You pretend you're at the altar preaching the sermon

(I do these things all the time)

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1289185756' post='2185660']
- When you spend your time reading books like "The Foundations of Religious Life" by the CMSWR
[/quote]

Guilty

[quote']
- When you know what the CMSWR is
[/quote]

Guilty

[quote]
- When every time you see a religious you just [i]have [/i]to go an talk to them
[/quote]

Def. Guilty (take me to the convent!)

Edited by HopefulBride

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1287339991' post='2180184']
You know you're a future nun when....you listen to love songs on the radio..(usually happens to me during the Delilah show!) and think of Jesus :-)
[/quote]

Tha is too funny!:lol4: [i]".....love someone tonight"[/i]

ameliabedelia

[quote name='Hinter dem Horizont' timestamp='1289220844' post='2185744']
You know you're going to be a priest when...

You constantly picture yourself wearing the collar or cassock

All you watch on youtube are vocation videos

You pretend you're at the altar preaching the sermon

(I do these things all the time)
[/quote]

im glad girls arnt the only ones who do this...well or course we picture ourselves in a habit [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nun.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile4.gif[/img]

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1289190348' post='2185693']
lotz of things,

but I don't think I've ever really had a calling to be a NUN...the cloister is definitely NOT where I belong....
[/quote]

Haha! I don't feel called to be a [i]nun[/i] either. I have "cloisterphobia" and, besides, my friends and family have threatened to abduct me and lock me in a dungeon somewhere if I show signs of wanting to enter the cloister... :missing:
How they consider my living in another country or state much better...:idontknow: but I don't point that out.

:lol:

- People who don't even know you think you are discerning.

Apparently, some of my students passed around the rumor that I am 'studying to be a nun.' I have no idea what started that, though they did have a sister visit their religion classes to talk about vocations last week. So, I know why they have nuns 'on the brain' (we don't have any teaching at our school, though one teacher is an ex-nun). But I quashed that rumor right away by saying 'No.' And then added a moment later, 'But my sister is.' ;)

In The Arms of The Lord

You know when your a future religious when there is nothing and no one else that could capture your heart away from the gaze of Jesus. You just know that you would not trade a moment alone with Him for anything else.

TeresaBenedicta

...when, even though your life is beautiful, wonderful, and full of blessings, you still feel "incomplete," much how lovers feel when they say they are incomplete without their significant other.

LadyOfSorrows

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1289259691' post='2185887']
...when, even though your life is beautiful, wonderful, and full of blessings, you still feel "incomplete," much how lovers feel when they say they are incomplete without their significant other.
[/quote]

YES.

[quote name='teresitacarmel' timestamp='1287340130' post='2180187']
[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/like.gif[/img] So, I guess I'm not the only, um,...crazy one...[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blush.gif[/img]
[/quote]

OH MY GOODNESS ME TOO!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1289254930' post='2185859']
- People who don't even know you think you are discerning.

Apparently, some of my students passed around the rumor that I am 'studying to be a nun.' I have no idea what started that, though they did have a sister visit their religion classes to talk about vocations last week. So, I know why they have nuns 'on the brain' (we don't have any teaching at our school, though one teacher is an ex-nun). But I quashed that rumor right away by saying 'No.' And then added a moment later, 'But my sister is.' ;)
[/quote]

This is fantastic! I loved it when Sr. Colleen (Salesian) used to come and talk to us.