An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1321923200' post='2339175']

Or when you stop telling well meaning friends and family about your plans because they think they are helping you when they tell you that perhaps it is God's will that you don't become a nun and you should just accept that fact and stop trying.
[/quote]

It's a double-edged sword, isn't it. :(

Strictlyinkblot

When you keep dreaming about nuns.

And when you're mentally preparing your list of what to take in with you

And when you're surfing youtube for vocation videos and crying while watching the profession ones

i<3franciscans

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1321973172' post='2339423']
And when you're surfing youtube for vocation videos and crying while watching the profession ones
[/quote]

Ah! I do that too!

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1321973172' post='2339423']
When you keep dreaming about nuns.

And when you're mentally preparing your list of what to take in with you

[/quote]

Ditto all three... The last one, I search around for obscure videos quite a lot but only cry if they're really good ;) There was this one video of a nun being tonsured in Greece and it was kind of crackly and all, not that great, but when the bishop cut her hair - that's the crucial moment for us - I just sort of yelped and burst into tears, it was so heavenly beautiful. I don't know what was so special about it but it had me bawling like a baby. That only happened the one time. :P

AccountDeleted

I have never dreamt about nuns before until last night. It was very strange for me to wake up and realise that I had been a nun in my dream! Maybe this is a good omen? :)

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1322011681' post='2339623']
I have never dreamt about nuns before until last night. It was very strange for me to wake up and realise that I had been a nun in my dream! Maybe this is a good omen? :)
[/quote]
Maybe so! :)

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1322011681' post='2339623']
[/quote]
I hope so!!
Though it is funny last night I dreamt about going on a retreat that was at an Abbey. A first for me too!

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1321923200' post='2339175']

Or when you stop telling well meaning friends and family about your plans because they think they are helping you when they tell you that perhaps it is God's will that you don't become a nun and you should just accept that fact and stop trying.
[/quote]
[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1321924631' post='2339195']
Or when your family wants you to join a different order. Trust me it is awful... Seriously, you are the only one that knows what is on your heart (and Jesus of course). :)
[/quote]

these get exhausting sometimes. The first because you feel they are just not ready to know.
the second when friends are conviced that you [b]belong[/b] somewhere and you don't exactly feel that way.

But Jesus knows...He knows, and for now, that is enough.

InPersonaChriste

When you accidently type Christ is getting married instead of Chris..

haha I just had to spell check that because I totally spelled Christ again...