An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

Catholicterp7

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1353390208' post='2513490']
Sorry this is off-topic, Catholicterp-I didn't want to send it in a PM because I may not be the only curious one!-but is your signature from Sister Angelique, PCC? It is beautiful! I seem to remember you saying somewhere here on VS that she is a dear friend of yours. You are so blessed! Did she write that in a letter to you?

Forgive me if I am being nosy, your signature was just so beautiful and caught my attention. :love:
[/quote]
It's quite alright. Yes, it's from her. In the last letter she sent me she added a prayer that she had written for me. :love:
Here's the whole thing.
Contemplate most high poverty,
most holy chastity,
most blessed obedience
absolute surrender
perfect purity of heart.
Embrace silence and solitude.
learn the secret of suffering
behold in awe the mystery
fall prostrate before the reality of God Alone.
In the presence of the Crucified Christ
open the wound of Truth and fall victim to the all encompassing oblation of love.

JMJ+ :heart:

[quote name='Catholicterp7' timestamp='1353510811' post='2514207']
It's quite alright. Yes, it's from her. In the last letter she sent me she added a prayer that she had written for me. :love:
Here's the whole thing.
most holy chastity,
most blessed obedience
absolute surrender
perfect purity of heart.
open the wound of Truth and fall victim to the all encompassing oblation of love.

[/quote]

:love: :love: :love:
Thank you Catholicterp! My hijacking has ended. So glad you didn't send me a PM so everyone can enjoy that beautiful prayer. Thanks for sharing!

[quote name='Catholicterp7' timestamp='1353510811' post='2514207']
Here's the whole thing.
most holy chastity,
most blessed obedience
absolute surrender
perfect purity of heart.

[/quote]

:love: :love: :love:
Thank you Catholicterp! My hijacking has ended. So glad you didn't send me a PM so everyone can enjoy that beautiful prayer. Thanks for sharing!

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1353390208' post='2513490']

Sorry this is off-topic, Catholicterp-I didn't want to send it in a PM because I may not be the only curious one!-but is your signature from Sister Angelique, PCC? It is beautiful! I seem to remember you saying somewhere here on VS that she is a dear friend of yours. You are so blessed! Did she write that in a letter to you?

Forgive me if I am being nosy, your signature was just so beautiful and caught my attention. :love:
[/quote]

When you can identify an unidentified quote from a Religious...

Edited by PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Catholicterp7

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1353542686' post='2514505']
[/quote]
Jaja PPOP :) I did credit it to Sister Mary Angelique so it wasn't so much of a crazy random happenstance as it seemed, also Sister (I always call her Sadie still :doh: ) has a very particular style to her writing.

Edited by Catholicterp7

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1353542686' post='2514505']
[/quote]

What Catholicterp said! She credited it to Sister Angelique in the signature, so I cannot take the credit on that one. :P

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1353554328' post='2514636']

What Catholicterp said! She credited it to Sister Angelique in the signature, so I cannot take the credit on that one. :P
[/quote]

When you honesty and humility does not let you keep undeserved praise.

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1353560467' post='2514699']
When you honesty and humility does not let you keep undeserved praise.
[/quote]

Oh, Pio, you just don't know me well enough! :lol:

Mary+Immaculate<3

[quote name='churchgal97' timestamp='1353367009' post='2513209']
You know what patrn saint to pray to for any problem. :saint2:
[/quote]

Yes!

Catholicterp7

When your friend tells you that she saw some nuns and your first reply is "What were they wearing?" because you know that then you'll know exactly what community of sisters she saw.

Catholicterp7

So here's what my friend said. "she was wearing a long blue (almost denim looking) dress with a black cross and a white and blue headpiece. The younger girls were wearing the same type of dress, only it did not have long sleeves and they had on white shirts underneath theirs instead. They too had on black cross necklaces and white and blue headpieces. They were wearing regular shoes I believe." I honestly have no idea who it could be. Any ideas? My first thought was the Servants of God's Love but they don't wear a veil. I'm so confused!

ameliabedelia

[quote name='Catholicterp7' timestamp='1353771167' post='2515920']
So here's what my friend said. "she was wearing a long blue (almost denim looking) dress with a black cross and a white and blue headpiece. The younger girls were wearing the same type of dress, only it did not have long sleeves and they had on white shirts underneath theirs instead. They too had on black cross necklaces and white and blue headpieces. They were wearing regular shoes I believe." I honestly have no idea who it could be. Any ideas? My first thought was the Servants of God's Love but they don't wear a veil. I'm so confused!
[/quote]

I would guess the Daughters of St. Paul :)

Edited by ameliabedelia

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1353789598' post='2516052']
I would guess the Daughters of St. Paul :)
[/quote]

Good idea, but the Paulines don't wear a black cross, they wear a medal that resembles the gospel book. :)

[img]http://www.daughtersofstpaul.com/Portals/2/Vocation/WelcomePage/EmblemSm_200x300.jpg[/img]

Edit: And their veils are totally blue-no white.

[img]http://media.silive.com/westshore/photo/12-4-james-dorneyjpg-9cf2436681063ccb_large.jpg[/img]

Edited by ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='Catholicterp7' timestamp='1353771167' post='2515920']
[/quote]

Could you tell us which state this was in? That may help determine which order it was. :)