An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

petitpèlerin

When you're driving on the freeway in the city and you pass under a bridge and catch sight of one of your sisters walking up on it! And then you realize it's a thug in a black overcoat with a white hood up over their head . . . And this happens more than once . . .

When the Sisters sign an Easter card for you as "Your Sisters". :)

They ALL sign it that way... :hehe2:

Spem in alium

They ALL sign it that way... :hehe2:

Well, what can I say? They all want me. ;) :P

Edited by Spem in alium

When I seminarian come up to you and tells you should enter the Nashville Dominicans and he doesn't know you are discerning. You try to laugh/deny about it and end up saying, "No, I want to enter the Abbey of Regina Laudis. Benedictines Rule!!!." "Good you already know where you want to go..."

Happened today during religion class... #mylife

young_and_faithful_

Future nun in a shoe store... "Wow, these look very comfortable! I have to start thinking ahead, if I enter the convent these would be of good use!"
haha then again this might only happen to me!

Future nun in a shoe store... "Wow, these look very comfortable! I have to start thinking ahead, if I enter the convent these would be of good use!"

Not at all! I still automatically look for the blackest, most indestructible-looking shoes in any given shop. That's been a harder 'habit' to break than the nun clothes. :)

Not at all! I still automatically look for the blackest, most indestructible-looking shoes in any given shop. That's been a harder 'habit' to break than the nun clothes. :)

I look for those anyway...I wore my favorite "dressy" pair to a RSM retreat once and a nun said "WHERE did you get those shoes? I want some."

AveMariaPurissima

When they sing Elvis' "Can't Help Falling In Love" at a friend's wedding reception, and you're singing the refrain to Jesus. <3

brandelynmarie

I look for those anyway...I wore my favorite "dressy" pair to a RSM retreat once and a nun said "WHERE did you get those shoes? I want some."

I do this with sandals :hehe:

I do this with sandals :hehe:

This is why I love VS! It makes me feel like there is a secret sisterhood of people who are just as weird as I am! :)

brandelynmarie

You know you are a future nun when you watch a movie & the woman is entering the convent with only a single suitcase...aaaannnd you think to yourself, "I could only hope that my item list for entering was short enough that everything fit in one bag!" Rotfl

maximillion

Yes, somewhere on VS there is a thread where we all told what was on our 'list'.

Some of them were extensive.