An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

brandelynmarie

I vaguely remember that...it seemed like some pholks were setting up house all over again :)

Spem in alium

When you have nun-filled dreams. Last night I dreamed that Target sold my Sister's habits (but funnily enough, no habits for other religious), and the Superior and Vocations Director were there buying them. I remember thinking how convenient that was.  :hehe2:

SilentJoy

When you have nun-filled dreams. Last night I dreamed that Target sold my Sister's habits (but funnily enough, no habits for other religious), and the Superior and Vocations Director were there buying them. I remember thinking how convenient that was.  :hehe2:

I don't know why...but for some reason that creeps me out...repressed childhood trauma involving Vocation Directors in Target? I guess I would'a had to have been there. :covereyes:

I dreamed about the Superior of a Monastery where I'm not allowed to apply...I guess I'd snuck in somehow and they found work for me to do, up on a ladder painting the ceiling of an abandoned mansion they were renovating. She informed me that I'd probably be working alone most of the time, but I'd have to work with people SOMETIMES so that I'd learn how to grow in love.

SilentJoy

they found work for me to do, up on a ladder painting the ceiling of an abandoned mansion they were renovating.

I was wearing pants.

Spem in alium

It was a WEIRD dream, that's for sure!

I dreamed about the Superior of a Monastery where I'm not allowed to apply...I guess I'd snuck in somehow and they found work for me to do, up on a ladder painting the ceiling of an abandoned mansion they were renovating. She informed me that I'd probably be working alone most of the time, but I'd have to work with people SOMETIMES so that I'd learn how to grow in love.

I'm interested in how you did this. :P

brandelynmarie

...when you day dream about what a monastery grille would look like behind the altar of your church. Of course, we would have to remove some of the parking lot, maybe take out a house or two to build it :hehe:

Spem in alium

...when you day dream about what a monastery grille would look like behind the altar of your church. Of course, we would have to remove some of the parking lot, maybe take out a house or two to build it :hehe:

So no biggie. ;)  :hehe2:

SilentJoy

I'm interested in how you did this. :P

It was a dream; the rational content was not very high.

maximillion

When you have your mum make nun outfits for all your dolls and teddy bears and form your own convent. ( I was 6).

When you have your mum make nun outfits for all your dolls and teddy bears and form your own convent. ( I was 6).

I find myself building cloisters and little model cells when I'm playing Lego with the little boy I look after...

maximillion

I spend time with my drawing tools on the PC designing my ideal monastery..........one day maybe they will feature in a book.

cartermia

Marigold, I was playing Legos with my little cousin and he and I were making a church. (He is 4.)

MargaretTeresa

When all you do at work is daydream about entering... and almost squeal when the VD tells you your discerner status has been "reactivated."

Ancilla Domini

I spend time with my drawing tools on the PC designing my ideal monastery..........one day maybe they will feature in a book.

...when you subconsciously read that acronym as "Poor Clare." :P