An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is This Appropriate?

juchu

Today I was thinking so much of "my" sisters and so I suddenly had the idea I could bake something and send it to them. I love baking! So I baked those here, it are Baumkuchenecken - different layers of dough which is baked 2 minutes each, like those here:

[img]http://www.expli.de/uploads/images/122735493438_15466.jpg[/img].

So I made enough for the intire community (like 45 plus some without milk and some without sugar for those who can't eat it.)

So I really had fun while doing this and had good memories, but now when I put chocolate on top of it, I thought..... am I overdoing this? Will they think I am crazy baking for all of them?? Is it too "invasive"? They could eat it at sunday recreation I thought, we sometimes ate things people gave us, including sweets. I have known the community for three years and was there all lent and 5 weeks in the summer for a live in and I am going back for Christmas as well. It still takes me a year before finishing grad school.

So, should I send it? Sometimes I have crazy ideas... so right now I can't really discern if that is a crazy stupid idea or a crazy great idea....

Edited by juchu

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='juchu' timestamp='1287262856' post='2180044']
Today I was thinking so much of "my" sisters and so I suddenly had the idea I could bake something and send it to them. I love baking! So I baked those here, it are Baumkuchenecken - different layers of dough which is baked 2 minutes each, like those here:

[img]http://www.expli.de/uploads/images/122735493438_15466.jpg[/img].

So I made enough for the intire community (like 45 plus some without milk and some without sugar for those who can't eat it.)

So I really had fun while doing this and had good memories, but now when I put chocolate on top of it, I thought..... am I overdoing this? Will they think I am crazy baking for all of them?? Is it too "invasive"? They could eat it at sunday recreation I thought, we sometimes ate things people gave us, including sweets. I have known the community for three years and was there all lent and 5 weeks in the summer for a live in and I am going back for Christmas as well. It still takes me a year before finishing grad school.

So, should I send it? Sometimes I have crazy ideas... so right now I can't really discern if that is a crazy stupid idea or a crazy great idea....
[/quote]

Most religious I know will [b]never [/b]turn down food. The sisters will probably love it!

BTW, my pastor loves when he gets food from my family. He's a vegetarian, but he'll eat Ma's gumbo!

Thank you guys! You really helped me a lot! So I will stop thinking about unnecessary "is this really okay?"... and just pack everything together, write a short card and mail it :)

And overall, it's not lent nor advent! So they should happily eat it :)

And if it really get mailed back, I will mail it to all of you ;)

Edited by juchu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

delicious!! of course that would be appreciated, don't worry.

Edit:

o I am late.. see? they love them!

Edited by tnavarro61