An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayer Pals

TeresaBenedicta

TeresaBenedicta

LC renewed last year's "Prayer Pals", noting that the lords sheep had entered religious life and was therefore unable to continue moderating the matches. Well, now our own LC has also entered religious life and is therefore unable to continue moderating matches. So I figure that I can step up for this year (God-willing I will follow in their footsteps soon!). Here is the original post from the lords sheep:

[quote]So, once upon a time here on VS, we had "prayer-pals" or prayer partners. Since that time, many of the members (though not all) have moved on from VS to bigger and better places: many have entered their respective convents, monasteries, seminaries, hermitages, and some have already been ordained or have gotten married. Anyway, I was remembering this the other day, and praying about the fact that VS should not only be a place where we can find information on our respective vocations and hear vocations news from around the world, but we should be a center of prayer, carrying one another to the heart of Jesus, sincerely interceding for one another.

I know many of you, like me, carry the people of VS in your prayers, especially when they request special prayer intentions. I know that others have gotten to know people and carry them especially in prayer. However, I've been thinking that maybe we should try to reestablish some of these more intimate prayer relationships, especially for those who have very little support in their discernment. Even if you already have one person or a few people (as I do) that you're praying for, join us if you'd like (you can never have too many people praying for you, right??) I know in the times I have really struggled, my greatest consolation was that there were always people praying for me, even when I couldn't pray for myself.

So! Here is the link to the old thread but, as many of these members have gone, I though we should begin in this new thread. Before, it worked best just to assign randomly as people showed interest. So, if you are interested at all, sign up below. If you have a special request, clear it with that person and then post the partnership below.

Happy Prayers!

In the hearts of Jesus and Mary,
Lauren[/quote]

So here goes... Post if you'd like a prayer partner!!

I just wanted to say that I really encourage the Prayer pals program, I became really good friends with mine last year and her family. I actually visited them when I was in their area. And I know that I pray for them each day and I know they pray for me.

Plase sign me up. LC was my prayer pal from last year (however, I would like to note that my prayers for her joining Carmel were not answered in the way I wanted ;) )

TeresaBenedicta

Okay, so far we have:

TeresaBenedicta
Klaudi87
the_rev
ameliabedelia
Tally Marx
truthfinder
carmelite15
holly.o

Anyone else? I'll put the names into a hat and draw partners out tomorrow!

[quote name='truthfinder' timestamp='1289022581' post='2185350']
Plase sign me up. LC was my prayer pal from last year (however, I would like to note that my prayers for her joining Carmel were not answered in the way I wanted ;) )
[/quote]

LOL sorry to hear about that truthfinder. Maybe your prayers for this year's prayer pal will get answered.