An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Visit!

MissScripture

MissScripture

Today, I FINALLY got to see the Nashville Motherhouse. :dance: SO BEAUTIFUL! I am irritated with myself, because I thought I packed my camera cord, but I didn't, so I can't download all my pics and I can't show them, yet.

My day was absolutely wonderful! We started the morning with Chick-fil-A, while killing time before we could show up, and I started getting so excited I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach (which woudl've been a terrible waste of Chick-fil-a!). We got there, and my sister was walking away from our direction, and we weren't sure it was her, but as we got closer she turned around and we waved, so she knew it was us (we were in a rental car). At that point, I pretty much tried to jump out of the car, so my husband stopped and I got out and he went to park and I gave her a huge hug! WOW have I missed her hugs! :proud:

We went inside right away, to the parlor, which, because they thought my brother and sis-in-law and niece were coming was HUGE! (They were unable to come due to snow :( ) There was a HUGE bathroom attached with a COUCH and a BATHTUB! LOL! I gave her the piles of stuff I had been sent with, and she showed us around. Another sister that I got to be friends with before she entered was with us for quite some time, too! :proud: We talked about everything and we talked about nothing, and I couldn't remember any of the stuff I wanted to tell her (minus who said hello, cuz I made a list), but I remembered it all about 10 minutes after we said goodbye!

We got the tour of the inside of the Motherhouse (non-cloistered area, of course!) The old chapel seems SO TINY compared to the new chapel! I guess they have a class in the old chaple! I don't know HOW they can pay attention with the pretty stained glass windows! I sure wouldn't! We also got to see the Heritage Room. While showing us the old postulant outfit, my sister said that when they feel frustrated with what they wear now, they look at the old style of postulant outfits and feel blessed they don't have to wear those, anymore. :hehe: She also explained that the reason they changed the veils on the habits is because with the old style, they wouldn't have been able to drive a car, because their view would've been too obstructed.

Before lunch we went into the chapel a few minutes before prayer to look around, and then after prayer, she told us the stories of St. Cecilia and St. Dominic, which are told in the stained glass windows. Then we went to lunch. After lunch we went back to the chapel so my husband could take pictures and I could look around some more.

We went for a walk around the grounds after lunch, too. By that time the sun had come out and the weather was GORGEOUS! (Then again, to a girl living in North Dakota, any weather without snow, and some with, right now, is gorgeous!) And she showed us the window for the chapel in the Novitiate, and the craft room and a bunch of other rooms that I no longer remember...but one had a Christmas tree in the window. I think maybe it was the studyroom or something? I should've taken notes! LOL. Then we walked out to their new gazebo, and then back inside, because by that time it was getting a little chilly. We sat and talked (and my husband fell asleep. When he woke up, I said, "I bet you never thought you'd sleep in a convent, did you?" :hehe: ) and ate cookies and looked at pictures until we had to go to chapel. We put off saying good bye until we were right outside the chapel. They nearly had to get a crowbar to get her to let go of me and take her to the chapel. After approximately 500 "one last" hugs we finally really said good bye (after I told her I'd have to carry her into the chapel) and she went to her stall and we went to the back and another Sister showed us the book in which to follow along. And BOY do my prayers from the Divine Office sound LAME after listening to them sing theirs! It was SO BEAUTIFUL! (Even if DID sing mine they would sound lame! LOL) We left during the rosary because I needed to eat. But all-in-all it was a beautiful, wonderful day! When I get home and get my cord, I'll be sure to post pictures. :proud:

MissScripture

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1293769322' post='2195370']
oh i miss it there! where is the new gazebo??
[/quote]
It's past out past the path, in what my sister referred to as "the back 40."

Maria Faustina

You're soo lucky! :))

Hahahahhahaha ohh the sisters are soo cute with that Heritage Room.....I think I've been to the Motherhouse maybe on six seperate occasions and been asked if I had seen the new Heritage Room at least three times on each visit....oh mannnn hahahah. They are soooo proud of it!

Their singing= what you hear in Heaven lol.

The Nd's are pretty much awesome.