An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hi, I'm New Here

Pax_et bonum

Pax_et bonum

Hi! My name is Amanda. I'm 17, and I've been discerning for about 3 or 4 years. I've been lurking for a bit, but I finally decided to make a profile.

Totally Franciscan

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1294097503' post='2196282']
Hi! My name is Amanda. I'm 17, and I've been discerning for about 3 or 4 years. I've been lurking for a bit, but I finally decided to make a profile.
[/quote]

Welcome Amanda! (One of these days I will figure out how to post here. Looks like you have it figured out already!)

God bless you on your journey!

Edited by Totally Franciscan

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='Totally Franciscan' timestamp='1294097906' post='2196284']
Welcome Amanda! (One of these days I will figure out how to post here. Looks like you have it figured out already!)

God bless you on your journey!
[/quote]

Thank you!
[quote name='future_brother23' timestamp='1294098448' post='2196287']
hey can we be in contact via email, msn, g chat or textin

[/quote]

Sure, I'm pretty sure you can email me through my profile.

future_brother23

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1294098751' post='2196289']
Thank you!

Sure, I'm pretty sure you can email me through my profile.
[/quote]

it wont let me can u give it to me on here or email me [email="brokristianwestgate@gmail.com"]brokristianwestgate@gmail.com[/email]

:welcome: It's pretty fun around here and I've only been for a few days. :) You should share some of your discernment journey with us. :)

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1294103386' post='2196326']
:welcome: It's pretty fun around here and I've only been for a few days. :) You should share some of your discernment journey with us. :)
[/quote]

Thank you!

I've gone to Catholic schools since pre-school, and I have to admit, religion was always my favorite class--not that I was a very religious person, I just really liked the class. I really started to fall in love with Jesus in 7th grade because of my amazing best friend coupled with our studies for Confirmation. I think we were prompted to pray about our vocations at our Confirmation Mass or something. This was fall of my 8th grade year because it was a jubilee year so we had a huge Mass in Notre Dame's Joyce Center with every school in the diocese. So I prayed about it that night or thereabouts and heard an interior voice asking me if I would become a religious sister. God gave me the grace to say yes though I had no exposure to the religious life. Through my discernment I've come to think that I will be able to love God and gain souls for Him best through religious life. I mean, I could be totally off, but I'm reasonably certain. Even if I never gained any souls for Him, I know it won't be a "waste" because I've learned that [i]being [/i]for Him is the most important. So this is my quest, to give my life back to the One who gave it to me.

future_brother23

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1294104880' post='2196342']
Thank you!

I've gone to Catholic schools since pre-school, and I have to admit, religion was always my favorite class--not that I was a very religious person, I just really liked the class. I really started to fall in love with Jesus in 7th grade because of my amazing best friend coupled with our studies for Confirmation. I think we were prompted to pray about our vocations at our Confirmation Mass or something. This was fall of my 8th grade year because it was a jubilee year so we had a huge Mass in Notre Dame's Joyce Center with every school in the diocese. So I prayed about it that night or thereabouts and heard an interior voice asking me if I would become a religious sister. God gave me the grace to say yes though I had no exposure to the religious life. Through my discernment I've come to think that I will be able to love God and gain souls for Him best through religious life. I mean, I could be totally off, but I'm reasonably certain. Even if I never gained any souls for Him, I know it won't be a "waste" because I've learned that [i]being [/i]for Him is the most important. So this is my quest, to give my life back to the One who gave it to me.
[/quote]

hey amanda thats awesome i would love if u emailed me tonite [email="brokristianwestgate@gmail.com"]brokristianwestgate@gmail.com[/email]

Maria Faustina

Hey Amanda!!

I'm 17 too! It's soo nice to have another person my age here!

I loved your story! That's awesome!!

I'm discerning with the Nashville Dominicans :) Are you interested in any certain orders?

Talk to you soon! Prayers!

In Christ,
Colleen :)

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='future_brother23' timestamp='1294105161' post='2196345']
hey amanda thats awesome i would love if u emailed me tonite [email="brokristianwestgate@gmail.com" ]brokristianwestgate@gmail.com[/email]
[/ quote]

I'd be more comfortable with contact through this site. Sorry, but you can't be too careful nowadays. :sorry:

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='Maria Faustina' timestamp='1294110375' post='2196392']
Hey Amanda!!

I'm 17 too! It's soo nice to have another person my age here!

I loved your story! That's awesome!!

I'm discerning with the Nashville Dominicans :) Are you interested in any certain orders?

Talk to you soon! Prayers!

In Christ,
Colleen :)
[/quote]

I'm trying to contact the Franciscan Sisters Minor, but it's a little difficult because they don't have a website, email, or phone--though I just found out I can call the rectory at the church where they're staying. I might have to try snail mail. :)
I've recently started emailing with the Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus and Mary. Both communities are contemplative with an apostolate.

The ND are awesome! They were one of the communities I was looking at when I was looking at active communities, though I never got around to emailing the vocation director.

Awesome to "meet" you, Colleen!

future_brother23

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1294111214' post='2196395']
I'm trying to contact the Franciscan Sisters Minor, but it's a little difficult because they don't have a website, email, or phone--though I just found out I can call the rectory at the church where they're staying. I might have to try snail mail. :)
I've recently started emailing with the Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus and Mary. Both communities are contemplative with an apostolate.

The ND are awesome! They were one of the communities I was looking at when I was looking at active communities, though I never got around to emailing the vocation director.

Awesome to "meet" you, Colleen!
[/quote]

If you like franciscan communities the sisters of the renewal are great and there are a few new communities being founded

[b]future brother[/b], you will be able to use the PM system once you and [b]Pax et bonum[/b] have more posts here. Just be a bit more patient.

Hmmm, the Franciscan Sisters Minor are rather difficult to contact, aren't they! They had a website before they moved (maintained by someone else), but that's gone now. You can check out the website of their brother community: [url=http://franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Home.html]Franciscan Brothers Minor[/url]. There's an e-mail there that can be used for prayer or vocation requests (a friend of the community prints out the e-mails and delivers them)...but I don't know what they would do with vocation requests for their sister community!

Anyway, welcome to Phatmass and the Vocation Station, now that you've decided not to be a lurker, and I look forward to hearing more about your discernment and journey.

LaPetiteSoeur

Welcome to all newbies! VS is a great way to help nudge your vocation along...I know it's helped me stop slacking!

Dieu vous benisse!

Welcome to all newbies! VS is a great way to help nudge your vocation along...I know it's helped me stop slacking!

Dieu vous benisse!