An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voice Of America On The Nashville Dominicans!

MissScripture

[quote name='Catherine Therese' timestamp='1296461288' post='2206957']
At one stage there were as many as 25 sisters quarantined! I was staying with the sisters for a few weeks, (am hoping to enter). Was terrified I'd get sick just in time for the long plane-ride home. I really enjoyed the VOA thing - we actually all watched it together in the oratory at the motherhouse and i've been sending the link to friends and family back home.
[/quote]

Just a wild guess. . . are you from Australia then?

MissScripture

[quote name='Catherine Therese' timestamp='1296461288' post='2206957']
At one stage there were as many as 25 sisters quarantined! I was staying with the sisters for a few weeks, (am hoping to enter). Was terrified I'd get sick just in time for the long plane-ride home. I really enjoyed the VOA thing - we actually all watched it together in the oratory at the motherhouse and i've been sending the link to friends and family back home.
[/quote]
[quote name='Catherine Therese' timestamp='1296461656' post='2206958']
If I've understood which postulant you mean, then your sister (maybe soon to be mine too?) wrote me some really beautiful little reflections to read in the plane on my way home. I really appreciated them and have read them many times over. She managed to quote both of my patronesses! I'm not even sure if she KNEW they were my patronesses. Your sister is VERY COOL.
[/quote]
:o Were you there on New Years Day? Like at Mass? I may have been sitting behind you, if you were!
And here is another pic of my sister in this post: http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=110065&view=findpost&p=2196719

I just want to make sure you're really think of MY sister, because I find it hard to believe she did something nice for someone! :hehe: ;)

Catherine Therese

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1296525855' post='2207267']
:o Were you there on New Years Day? Like at Mass? I may have been sitting behind you, if you were!
And here is another pic of my sister in this post: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=110065&view=findpost&p=2196719"]http://www.phatmass....dpost&p=2196719[/url]

I just want to make sure you're really think of MY sister, because I find it hard to believe she did something nice for someone! :hehe: ;)
[/quote]

HAHAHAHA thats brilliant! We were totally in the same place at the same time and didn't know it. Yep, I was there New Years Day, it was my second full day there. I got to dress as a postulant and move into the chapel stalls to pray with the sisters as if I was one of them later in my visit, but on NYD I was still in the back pews for Mass so yes, you very well may have been sitting behind me!

And yes, she IS the one who did something marvellously nice for me. Hahahaha she'll be so chuffed to hear that I've 'met' her sister online when I go back there to make that place my home too!

MissScripture

[quote name='Catherine Therese' timestamp='1296727620' post='2208133']
HAHAHAHA thats brilliant! We were totally in the same place at the same time and didn't know it. Yep, I was there New Years Day, it was my second full day there. I got to dress as a postulant and move into the chapel stalls to pray with the sisters as if I was one of them later in my visit, but on NYD I was still in the back pews for Mass so yes, you very well may have been sitting behind me!

And yes, she IS the one who did something marvellously nice for me. Hahahaha she'll be so chuffed to hear that I've 'met' her sister online when I go back there to make that place my home too!
[/quote]
A) THAT'S HILARIOUS! Well, it was very nice being at Mass with you. ;) If you're joining them, I'm sure it will happen again, sometime! :hehe:

B) What does "chuffed" mean? I've never heard that word before.

C) Whenever you DO go back, you need to tell her that her sister says hi! She'll be all :huh: and then all :rolleyes:. BUT, she'll be super excited she actually met you before I "met" you, cuz that's not always the case! LOL