An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation To The Single Life

Chamomile

[quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1304127268' post='2234865']
I actually haven't read it yet... I've definitely heard good things. It's on my (giant) list of things to read :bible: :nerd: That's good to know it's broad in scope.
[/quote]

It's an easy read, you should move it up to the top of your list. By the way I totally know how to spell peace, lol.

[quote name='Shana' timestamp='1304181649' post='2235048']
It's an easy read, you should move it up to the top of your list. By the way I totally know how to spell peace, lol.
[/quote]

Lol, yeah, I gave you the benefit of the doubt on that. English and its silly homonymity. Although I guess one could have a piece of celibacy if you're just discerning it...

That book looks very affordable, too :like:

• 1 month later...

I was poking around this website and came across this: [url="http://www.presentationministries.com/brochures/Single.asp"]http://www.presentationministries.com/brochures/Single.asp[/url]

[quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1304189756' post='2235085']
Lol, yeah, I gave you the benefit of the doubt on that. English and its silly homonymity. Although I guess one could have a piece of celibacy if you're just discerning it...

That book looks very affordable, too :like:
[/quote]

Get the book. Just order it now. You won't regret it, trust me. Pretty much my favorite little book.

[quote name='Shana' timestamp='1307410318' post='2250643']
Get the book. Just order it now. You won't regret it, trust me. Pretty much my favorite little book.
[/quote]

I did. Thanks for the motivation :like:

I've read just a little, but it's wonderful so far. Definitely what I needed to hear right now...

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1307924772' post='2252918']
I did. Thanks for the motivation :like:

I've read just a little, but it's wonderful so far. Definitely what I needed to hear right now...
[/quote]

So I finished this book. Very good. If anyone would like it, I'll send it to you for free. Just PM me where it should go. This offer is good for about another week or so... just have too many books :nerd:

Really, some of the best, most concise and clearest help regarding discerning celibacy is St. Paul's 1st letter to the Corinthians, chapter 7. Read it prayerfully if you're interested in discerning between celibacy/marriage.