An Old School Catholic Message Board

:(

BigJon16

My spiritual director said I cant think about my vocation or priestly stuff for the next 40 days. :wall::wall::wall: This smells of elderberries. hahahahaha

sad day. But spiritual directors know how to help us discern our vocation. Try not to be frustrated. Think about deepening your prayer life. I think sometimes we can forget that our vocation is the way we love God. So just work on the loving God part for the next 40 days. The way to do it (your vocation) will be a great joy at Easter! !

[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1299702271' post='2219607']
My spiritual director said I cant think about my vocation or priestly stuff for the next 40 days. :wall::wall::wall: This smells of elderberries. hahahahaha
[/quote]

Edited by Lisa

SD's often do stuff we don't like or understand. Mine once took me shopping at Victoria's Secret.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1299706682' post='2219629']
SD's often do stuff we don't like or understand. Mine once took me shopping at Victoria's Secret.
[/quote]

:blink:

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1299719292' post='2219679']
Everyone should try on lingerie with a Franciscan nun.
[/quote]

:shocking:

[/quote]

:shocking:

[/quote]

lmao! As funny as that is I really hope mine doesn't do that. My SD is an 82 year old Dominican Priest.

[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1299702271' post='2219607']
[/quote]

There was a time... before I had a Spiritual Director... when I could have used this advice. I thought and worried and fretted myself to pieces, trying to figure out my vocation.

Mary Magdalene

[/quote]

Trying on Lingere with a nun?? lol :shocking:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1299730052' post='2219733']
There was a time... before I had a Spiritual Director... when I could have used this advice. I thought and worried and fretted myself to pieces, trying to figure out my vocation.
[/quote]

Yup. I think most folks go through that. And it's good advice to step back and let it go for a while.

Ya think 40 days is long? My spiritual director made me wait almost three years before talking with me about vocation stuff. Granted, I couldn't "do" anything before three years anyways (new convert at the time)... but he insisted that we focus on prayer. And I had to trust him. Focusing on prayer will automatically make your vocation clear. Which definitely happened for me.

So don't fret. Spending time [i]not[/i] specifically thinking about vocation and discernment can be a really good thing.

Do not worry, God might be preparing you for forty days. Maybe you're gonna enter the seminary right away after forty days? Hahaha!

Kindly consider afterwards the Franciscans of the Immaculate.