An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Community/communities Are You Discerning With?

Cherie

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1319551842' post='2326819']
I am so excited! I am visiting the RSMs in 17 days! :nun2:
[/quote]

17 DAYYYYYSSS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FutureCarmeliteClaire

This is the community I am discerning with, I think this is really late, but it came up on the topics towards the top... http://www.carmelofporttobacco.com/index.html

[b][color=#800080][font=georgia,serif]So, if you are so inclined to let us know, what communities are you discerning with? [/font][/color][/b]

[color=#800080][font=georgia,serif]I am discerning with the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma, MI (finally!) after being in contact with them a couple of times since 2008. I finally realized that everything was pointing me in this direction, and the Hound of Heaven was placing several random signals in my path that convinced me that I needed to stop chickening out and stay in touch when I heard from the Vocation Director.[/font][/color]

[b][color=#800080][font=georgia,serif]Have you visited or wrote to them yet? [/font][/color][/b]

[font=georgia,serif][color=#800080]I wrote the Vocation Director by email, first, and then, when I got the money to visit them from a friend, I called her to make arrangements. I am visiting them from November 11th to the 14th!![/color][/font]

[b][color=#800080][font=georgia,serif]Anything that particularly draws you to them?[/font][/color][/b]

[font=georgia,serif][color=#800080]Since I haven't visited them yet, I can only go by what I know about them on their website and what I have learned through Google searches and here (from old posts!). I love their intense Marian spirituality, their authentic femininity, [/color][/font][font=georgia,serif][color=#800080]their pro-life apostolates, their devotion to the Eucharist, and also the fact that they are VERY active in the Church. They teach seminarians, which I think is completely INCREDIBLE! And they assist budding religious orders in their initial formation. They are recognized by the Pope as a Religious Institute of Pontifical Right since their establishment in 1973.[/color][/font] [font=georgia,serif][color=#800080]I also LOVE their habits! :nun1:[/color][/font]

she_who_is_not

MM,
I was at a preached retreat given by a priest who had been taught by the RSMs. When the seminarians studied preaching, they used to make them go practice tor the Sisters. He said it was the most nerve racking experience of seminary. :hehe2:

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1319643500' post='2327287']
MM,
I was at a preached retreat given by a priest who had been taught by the RSMs. When the seminarians studied preaching, they used to make them go practice tor the Sisters. He said it was the most nerve racking experience of seminary. :hehe2:
[/quote]

rotfl

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1319551842' post='2326819']
I am so excited! I am visiting the RSMs in 17 days! :nun2:
[/quote]

MM!!!! Yay!!!!!! :nun1:

Its funny what a few months will do, so I need to update. Talking with 4 communities. Still leaning towards one, more than the rest but leaving the door open till things are clearer. :)

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1319688174' post='2327610']

MM!!!! Yay!!!!!! :nun1:
[/quote]

I know, right!?!? Only 15 days now! :nun2:

I am discerning with the Salesian sisters in Canada right now. I have discerned with the Sisters of Our Lady Immaculate, and the Carmelites but did not totally feel like they fit.

I am going on a retreat next month, so that should give me a better idea of what their spirituality is like. I am a bit disappointed that habits are only optional in this community,but I don't think that should stop me, since they are faithful to the church, and I love youth ministry.

I also just found an SD recently, so please keep me in your prayers. I will pray for the rest of you too.