New Institute Of Franciscan Missionary Sisters

sistersintigo

Santa Cruz

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1305050443' post='2239701']
Email works best for me. Please let her know that
[/quote]

I sent you a pm :)

FutureSister2009

Rome was beautiful. I loved every second of it. And no we came home the day of the Beatification and no I didn't get to meet with one of the Sisters from my Community either.

• 2 months later...
FutureSister2009

Updates on the community, over the last year the Franciscans have shared our Convent with the Filippini Sisters but now that the Filippini's have left, it will belong entirely to the Franciscans! That's what I've been praying for! God-Willing, things will start to unfold from here!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1311608264' post='2275548']
Updates on the community, over the last year the Franciscans have shared our Convent with the Filippini Sisters but now that the Filippini's have left, it will belong entirely to the Franciscans! That's what I've been praying for! God-Willing, things will start to unfold from here!
[/quote]

That's great! For the Franciscans...it's too bad about the Fillipinis. I know of a few schools they teach in that are excellent, but I don't know if they've had any new vocations....

FutureSister2009

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1311609140' post='2275555']
That's great! For the Franciscans...it's too bad about the Fillipinis. I know of a few schools they teach in that are excellent, but I don't know if they've had any new vocations....
[/quote]

That's one of the reasons why they left. Some of them were my teachers when I was in school at the school of my Parish. They're all getting older and not getting any new ones. It's really dying out and it's a shame. But I never felt attracted to them anyway.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1311609550' post='2275561']
That's one of the reasons why they left. Some of them were my teachers when I was in school at the school of my Parish. They're all getting older and not getting any new ones. It's really dying out and it's a shame. But I never felt attracted to them anyway.
[/quote]

Me neither. The veil (cap thing) reminded me of the Amish! But they are lovely ladies, it's so sad to see what was such a vibrant order so depleted.

• 1 month later...
sistersintigo

Hopefully these images will link successfully.
I believe the older woman in these photos is Mother Maria Elisabetta Patrizi herself.
The photos come from Italian-language Catholic websites and are supposed to be recent, from this year. If I'm mistaken I hope someone will correct me.

[img]http://www.accademiamariana.org/curriculum/Patrizi/index_file/image2671.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.roccaporena.com/img/news/max_11186092700229.jpg[/img]

FutureSister2009

[quote name='sistersintigo' timestamp='1314313890' post='2294935']
Hopefully these images will link successfully.
I believe the older woman in these photos is Mother Maria Elisabetta Patrizi herself.
The photos come from Italian-language Catholic websites and are supposed to be recent, from this year. If I'm mistaken I hope someone will correct me.

[img]http://www.accademiamariana.org/curriculum/Patrizi/index_file/image2671.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.roccaporena.com/img/news/max_11186092700229.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Yes that is the Habit! Can you send me a link to that website, even if it's Italian? I just want to look at it. Oddly, I don't see either of my Sisters but I think Sr. Barbara whom I met earlier this year, may be in it. God-Willing, if Mother Elisabetta makes it to visit our Parish, I'll be able to come home to meet her. It could be the only way I will get to meet her without leaving the country!

sistersintigo

[quote]

Yes that is the Habit! Can you send me a link to that website, even if it's Italian? I just want to look at it. Oddly, I don't see either of my Sisters but I think Sr. Barbara whom I met earlier this year, may be in it. God-Willing, if Mother Elisabetta makes it to visit our Parish, I'll be able to come home to meet her. It could be the only way I will get to meet her without leaving the country!
[/quote]

I sent you a PM.

• 2 months later...

The second image is taken from this webpage:

[url="http://www.roccaporena.com/it/news/dettaglio_news.php?pag=ci-hanno-fatto-visita-dieci-suore-per-gli-esercizi-spirituali"]http://www.roccaporena.com/it/news/dettaglio_news.php?pag=ci-hanno-fatto-visita-dieci-suore-per-gli-esercizi-spirituali[/url]

In the italian explanation is writen that 10 nuns of Franciscan Sisters Missionaries of the Heart of Jesus and of Mary Immaculate (the new foundation of m.Elisabetta Patrizi) have come to the little italian town of Roccaporena for doin spiritual exercises.
It also explains that m.Elisabetta Patrizi with another sister of her new foundation now lives in that town.
The town of Roccaporena is renowned because it's teh birthplace of St.Rita, wich later in her life went to live in Cascia so she is known as St.Rita da Cascia.
Their address and phone contacts are:

Opera di S. Rita - 06043 Roccaporena di Cascia (PG)
Tel. 00390743 754500

Edited by Ale

• 1 year later...
SearchForTruth

Anyone with ears to hear, please listen.   Be careful of this order.  Pray for spiritual discernment and wisdom.

SearchForTruth

There is a lack of accountability and possible exploitation of widow's homes to establish a presence in the US.  Mother Elisabetta cannot be located easily and the other sisters lack accountability.  Pray for discernment and speak to those in the leadership within the diocese.

Clarification on Public Associations:

Any association founded by a bishop is a public association.

There are two kinds of Public associations founded by bishops: with intention of becoming an institute of religious life (Daughters of Divine Hope in Texas); and without intention of becoming an institute of religious life (I personally don't know of any, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist).

Emerging religious institutes that are Public Associations are more familiar, and have been in existence for 10 or so years.  This is the stage before Diocesean Right.

During the experimentation phase, habits are permitted indoors before the group goes to the bishop.  Distinctive garb is permitted outdoors.

Blessings,

Gemma

Edited by Gemma

Forgive me for saying so, but the whole idea of wearing "habits indoors" sounds like role playing to me.

There has to be a stable source of habit parts, and the only way to reach that conclusion is to know what is and isn't available, and what works/what doesn't work for the group. They may have something in mind, but when that idea is put 'on the ground', they may come out with a 'yuck, that doesn't work' reaction and discern something else.

Role playing--how would you describe the period of experimentation as roleplaying? Would the aspiring community not have to do some role playing in order to discern whether or not they can work together as a community?

Blessings,

• beatitude locked this topic