An Old School Catholic Message Board

"teresa: The Making Of A Saint"

Chiara Francesco

Chiara Francesco

Wonder what this will be like. Love her Hollywood make-up job in the habit! After all, all nuns are Cover Girl models!

Based on Mother Teresa of Calcutta?! Please! I've read bios on her and never read her falling in love with a priest! Never mind them having the wrong habit for the Loreto (Loretto?) sisters that was was before founding the Missionaries of Charity.

Nothing like sullying Mother Teresa's memory, life and person/who she was! This actress - who can't act - makes her seem insipid, stupid, shallow and I don't know what else!

I think this is going to turn into a travesty and a Mother Teresa and Catholic church bashing film or make the religious life look bad....well I guess it has already with the nun and priest love triangle nonsense!

Well, I am too disgusted to comment anymore. If it is NOT based on Mother Teresa, it's close enough for non-catholics and people who don't know her well to not know any better and believe this craziness!

Edited by Chiara Francesco

It's not a real film

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/megan-fox-fulfills-her-destiny-as-an-nc-17-mother-teresa.php

Chiara Francesco

That is great news!

I was wondering that because the narrator's voice or voice over was very "fake or spoof" sounding and that had me wondering if it wasn't serious!

Even still, to even hint at Mother Teresa in this was is so wrong!

Lil'Monster

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1302715824' post='2228186']
It is wrong, but that's Hollywood and it's all about whatever makes money.
[/quote]

that is very true

Lil'Monster

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1302719915' post='2228258']
Oh thank God. I was about to beat my head against the wall.
[/quote]

that would only give u a concussion or brain damage

teresitacarmel

You do realize it's a fake/spoof right? When they introduced Megan Fox as Sophie Maes, that'd be your first clue...maybe you don't follow secular culture, but no need to overreact here.....it was meant as a parody or something. Try not to take offense. As St Teresa of Avila would say, God save us from sullen saints! I believe a sense of humor is important in life :)

teresitacarmel

No kidding....it's so unbelievably fake I'm surprised that anyone actually took it seriously. Not that I believe it's right to poke fun at Mother Teresa, but I think it's meant to be some sort of odd promotional tactic.

MargaretTeresa

What I'm talking about was when I first heard of this thing, the person I was talking to failed to mention it was a fake...much less it was Megan Fox pretending to be some girl pretending to be Mother Teresa. That is all. :doh: