An Old School Catholic Message Board

Con Lists

MargaretTeresa

FutureSister2009

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1305041658' post='2239651']
I don't think cats and dogs mix well... bahahaha. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/kitten.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. They all live somewhat peacefully together

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1305050391' post='2239699']
I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. They all live somewhat peacefully together
[/quote]

My sisters' dogs and my neighbor's cats don't mix. I guess it depends on the critter itself.

faithcecelia

I was very excited to discover that one community I visited have both cats and a dog, I adore animals and had thought I would never live with them again.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1305054450' post='2239728']
I was very excited to discover that one community I visited have both cats and a dog, I adore animals and had thought I would never live with them again.
[/quote]

I know what you mean. I've had a pet all my life, whether it be a dog or a hamster or a turtle, so the idea of not having any pets was rather painful to me at first. I'd be able to cope, but I love animals very much. I often considered, in my youth, becoming a veterinarian and recently becoming an animal behaviorist studying wildlife. So I was thrilled when I found out that the order I am discerning has a cat and a German Shepherd dog. ;)

faithcecelia

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1305058586' post='2239773']
I know what you mean. I've had a pet all my life, whether it be a dog or a hamster or a turtle, so the idea of not having any pets was rather painful to me at first. I'd be able to cope, but I love animals very much. I often considered, in my youth, becoming a veterinarian and recently becoming an animal behaviorist studying wildlife. So I was thrilled when I found out that the order I am discerning has a cat and a German Shepherd dog. ;)
[/quote]

Quidenham were adamant that pets and Carmel do not and cannot mix. I accepted that in exactly the same way I accepted everything else, it wasn't my place to question. I now know that more do have pets than don't! The dog at Notting Hill is 'officially' the extern's dog, but he goes inside on the days she goes to recreation, and on a Sunday when the sisters who want to have time to play with him. The cats belong inside, but of course, roam as cats do!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1305059695' post='2239782']
Quidenham were adamant that pets and Carmel do not and cannot mix. I accepted that in exactly the same way I accepted everything else, it wasn't my place to question. I now know that more do have pets than don't! The dog at Notting Hill is 'officially' the extern's dog, but he goes inside on the days she goes to recreation, and on a Sunday when the sisters who want to have time to play with him. The cats belong inside, but of course, roam as cats do!
[/quote]

LOL, when a Franciscan Friar came from Denver to our Church for a mission, he explained that St. Francis didn't want his friars to have any animals in the house. It is a common misconception that since Francis is the patron of animals that Franciscan convents and monasteries, including the Poor Clares, are allowed to have animals. I never knew this. However, I know of some Franciscan communities that do indeed keep pets. I don't think it was included in the Rule.