An Old School Catholic Message Board

Facebook Friends

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1303416499' post='2230907']
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tswGB_GjRUI/S-x6NLhYdAI/AAAAAAAADks/wvjOY7xo5Io/s1600/Snickers.jpg[/img]

rotfl
[/quote]

[img]http://www.heartlessdoll.com/smileytongue.jpg[/img]

OnlySunshine

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1303416462' post='2230906']
Mater, what about location, birthdate, etc.? Would it be okay to fill in the Saint info on that?
[/quote]

You don't have to fill in the location and you can make the birthday private. They have a lot of privacy options now so you don't have to worry about someone finding you if you are worried. I never put my real picture on the profile, either. :)

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1303418333' post='2230921']
i deleted over 300 facebook friends yesterday. :blink:
[/quote]
holy crow! Phew, you kept me!! :love:

franciscanheart

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1303420325' post='2230928']
holy crow! Phew, you kept me!! :love:
[/quote]
:love:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1303418333' post='2230921']
i deleted over 300 facebook friends yesterday. :blink:
[/quote]

LOL, on my regular Facebook, I only have 24 friends who I never talk to online. They are all part of my young adult group and I don't know them very well since I don't attend that often at all since it is on the other side of town. The only two people I know pretty well are a girl that goes to my Church who moved to Louisiana for the Naval Reserves and my sister. I keep trying to delete it but then I get it back a day later. :crazy:

I think I can safely delete it now. I see no need for 2 Facebook accounts. :blush:

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

What about the email requested on sign-up? Is that ever shown to anyone? What do they use it for?

Edited by JoyfulLife

franciscanheart

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1303422847' post='2230952']
What about the email requested on sign-up? Is that ever shown to anyone? What do they use it for?
[/quote]
They use it to send you email alerts (if you don't turn those off) when someone posts to your wall, sends you a private message, etc. (Phatmass does the same.) You can hide your email address. :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1303422847' post='2230952']
[/quote]

There is a privacy option to hide it. :)

Lil'Monster

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1303277662' post='2230455']
Tonight, I decided to make a Facebook profile specifically to keep in touch friends that I have made here. I was wondering if anyone would like to join my friends? If so, please let me know either by posting your profile link here or PM me if you would rather keep it private. I think it would be neat to build up a network, especially since Vocation Station is all about encouraging each other in our discernment. ;)
[/quote]

i tried to pm u so i could tell ya my facebook thingy but it didnt let me! :cry2: i dont want people to know im facebook thingy cuz they will try to haunt me down and hit me with a hammer! lol

Mater, so if I end up joining, can I contact Cherie and she work it out with you, since you don't PM? I wouldn't want to post my link in public. Also, where are Cherie and Tally talking? Is it just on your page, Mater?

OnlySunshine

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1303503899' post='2231200']
Mater, so if I end up joining, can I contact Cherie and she work it out with you, since you don't PM? I wouldn't want to post my link in public. Also, where are Cherie and Tally talking? Is it just on your page, Mater?
[/quote]

You can PM me. I'll open it up so you can. Cherie and Tally have their own profiles. I'll "recommend" you when you get on Facebook if they say it's ok. :)