An Old School Catholic Message Board

Facebook Friends

OnlySunshine

faithcecelia

I spend faaaar too much time on Facebook! For some reason I can't post my link, but I am the only Faith Cecelia Jacobs and my pic is me aged 3 with my daddy!:blush:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1304833695' post='2238639']
Gals, I decided to shut my Facebook profile down because my confessor told me I need to limit my time on the internet since it is a cause of laziness and temptations. Since I am discerning religious life, I need to do whatever is necessary to prevent me from hindering my relationship with God. I even shut down my regular, non-Phatmass, Facebook profile as well. Thank you for your understanding! :)
[/quote]

I wish I could shut mine down, but I think I keep it out of a felling of obligation to my friends that I don't see/call often. It keeps us connected. But soon, I'll be foregoing this all!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Piccoli Fiori JMJ' timestamp='1305068105' post='2239837']
I wish I could shut mine down, but I think I keep it out of a felling of obligation to my friends that I don't see/call often. It keeps us connected. But soon, I'll be foregoing this all!
[/quote]

Yep, you'll have a legitimate reason! ;)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1304833695' post='2238639']
Gals, I decided to shut my Facebook profile down because my confessor told me I need to limit my time on the internet since it is a cause of laziness and temptations. Since I am discerning religious life, I need to do whatever is necessary to prevent me from hindering my relationship with God. I even shut down my regular, non-Phatmass, Facebook profile as well. Thank you for your understanding! :)
[/quote]

Does this mean I wouldn't be able to talk with you, Cherie and Tally all together? (I'm still in consideration of joining facebook...)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1305145375' post='2240185']
Does this mean I wouldn't be able to talk with you, Cherie and Tally all together? (I'm still in consideration of joining facebook...)
[/quote]

Unless I want to risk sinning by not listening to my Confessor, I will have to abstain from Facebook. :hehe:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1305150241' post='2240224']
Wow. Did Cherie and Tally ONLY chat together on your profile?
[/quote]

No, you add friends to your profile. They don't chat on your profile, although they can leave comments and send you PMs. ;)

I've been going semi-Luddite lately, but I will say ... as soon as I think, "Why even bother with Facebook?!", it's THEN that I get a very important update from far away friends, like someone is having a baby or someone needs prayers, etc.

So I'm always glad I didn't forego Facebook just yet. :)

she_who_is_not

I quit Facebook when I realized I mostly used it to communicate with people I see or talk to frequently real time, like my sisters and co-workers. FB brought up some jealousy issues for me: wedding pictures, baby pictures, etc. Quitting has been good for me both emotionally and spiritually. However, I, do miss the updates from college friends.

OnlySunshine

I got started in FB thanks to my sister who was away at college at the time and told me about it. I made a profile because I thought I would keep up with her and email her that way. The only thing is, she never responds to my messages. I decided after a few years of being on it that I was tired of it. I don't have any friends on there that I really need to keep up with except one who is away in New Orleans, but she is hardly on herself. I feel better now that I am not check FB everyday. It's a huge waste of time.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1303657922' post='2231799']
I have a facebook account as well, but it is fairly strictly friends only. If I don't know someone who wants me to add them I don't add them and usually block them. Most of the time I simply post updates about my baking!
[/quote]

and i thoroughly enjoy your baking posts!! Does your community sell these baked goods, cos I'd sure like to try some!!!

• 1 month later...
FutureSister2009

I have already posted my profile in here but I wanted to put this page in here for all who still have a Facebook. It's for that girl I mentioned who is missing. Its heartbreaking. Please keep praying! [url="http://www.facebook.com/#!/PrayingCiaraHome"]http://www.facebook.com/#!/PrayingCiaraHome[/url]

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1309639464' post='2262233']
Are Cherie and Tally still chatting together about the SsEW?

[/quote]

No, but if you want a Facebook profile I'd be happy to chat with you there, as well! And working on a PM here, too :like: