An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown

tnavarro61

tnavarro61

[size="7"][b]20[/b][/size]

I got only 20 days to stay with my family. I got only 20 more days left to say goodbye to peeps. I got only 20 more days here in my beloved home city. I got only 20 days to use the internet, to go to the mall when I want to. I got only 20 days. :)

On the 29th I'll be staying at a friary in a city near my place. Then the next day they will bring me to the airport.

What makes me nervous is the plane flight. I might mess up the processes of going inside which I think are very complicated. (LOL I am sorry but this will be my first time to ride a plane).

So I am preparing bit by bit. I have said goodbye to other peole close to my heart. Of course it was my family who first learned of my entrance, then my friends who are also discerning with the community I am entering, then my spiritual director, then some of the SSVM sisters whom I used to work with.

My SD gave me some stuffs as keepsake. I may not see him again. :sad: But he said he could visit me one day. I am so happy to have thi s priest as my spiritual director. He's been my SD for only four months but he's very great. How I wish I've met him earlier, when I was still looking for an SD. You see I had more than one SDs. With my first one, I didn't know why I stopped meeting him. My experience with my second SD is not good. The thiird one is really great, but we have to stop meeting, we were told, when the Intercessors of the Lamb was suppressed. My present SD is a very intelligent and holy priest from the Institute of the Incarnate Word. :like:

I will continue praying for th epeople who have touched my heart and soul. May God protect you always.

tnavarro61

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1304911535' post='2238909']
just don't mention the city you're moving to, Navo....
[/quote]

W'ere not there yet DS! :lol2:

tnavarro61

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1304946578' post='2239021']
Ah! I can't believe there is a new countdown thread- for you!!!! :)
[/quote]

haha i started it for some reflecitons before I go. :)

Goodbye is the hardest word. :sad:

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1304946823' post='2239022']
Goodbye is the hardest word. :sad:
[/quote]

Not goodbye, see ya in heaven!!!!!!!!
So, a few months ago, my friend went to the Vatican and ended up in a Mass for bishops and priests of the Philippines and she ended up a little teary. A really sweet priest came and talked to her, and ended it with "see you later, my sister in Christ"

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1304947818' post='2239023']
Not goodbye, see ya in heaven!!!!!!!!
So, a few months ago, my friend went to the Vatican and ended up in a Mass for bishops and priests of the Philippines and she ended up a little teary. A really sweet priest came and talked to her, and ended it with "see you later, my sister in Christ"

[/quote]

How beautiful! :love: it!

Nav, I can't believe you're gonna be leaving. This makes me so dang sad. :sad:

But, I know you're gonna LOVE it!!!

Lil'Monster

oh navo, im gonna miss u very much and who will keep me company in chat late in the nite? This is sad and im gonna cry when u leave.

WE LOVE U NAVO!!!!!!!!!!!

FutureSister2009

Congratulations and God Bless!

Oh how I wish I could have my own countdown thread! :sad:

InPersonaChriste

Prayers that you fulfill your vocation! I am so happy for you! May God Bless you!

tnavarro61

[size="7"][b]19[/b][/size]

I do not know why I feel so excited about my entrance right now. :dance: Yesterday was lonely. I said goodbye to my SSVM friends, and I may not seem them again for a long time. I remember my volunteering days.. the oratory, the kids. But we will see in the Eucharist. We are one body, all of us belong to Christ so this goodbye is for physical separation. We are always united in Christ.

I have read your replies, and thank you for them! I thank Phatmass for being with me in my discernment.. thank you for the prayers and words of wisdom. :)

OnlySunshine

You can probably expect varying degrees of feelings over these next few weeks. Entering a religious order is a big thing--much like marriage--so feeling lonely, scared, excited, happy, etc. is absolutely normal. Just keep up with your prayer life and focus on the most important reasons behind entering and it will get you through this rough patch. :clapping:

tnavarro61

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1304994921' post='2239429']
You can probably expect varying degrees of feelings over these next few weeks. Entering a religious order is a big thing--much like marriage--so feeling lonely, scared, excited, happy, etc. is absolutely normal. Just keep up with your prayer life and focus on the most important reasons behind entering and it will get you through this rough patch. :clapping:
[/quote]

Aww, thank you MM. :like: I will keep on praying then. :like:

----------------

My first day as an FI is the 2nd anniversary of my SD as a priest. :sad: