An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown

tnavarro61

tnavarro61

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1306471935' post='2246592']
BAAAAAHHH, i'll miss you. make SURE you write me if you can. i want to hear EVERYTHING. about funny moments in the monastery. the food, prayer life, recreation, detachment, EVERYTHING. you;re in my prayers. i'll miss you BUNCHES.
[/quote]

yeah I will write you, don't worry! and prayers for you too!

tnavarro61

This might become a teal deer (too long to read). :P

I got two days my friends, and I am leaving on Sunday afternoon (Sunday morning in your clock) and I might be out in the morning since I am having my last breakfast with my SSVM friends. I have said goodbye to the IVEs this morning and it's one of the hardest goodbye. This morning was the last time I saw my twin brother who is a brother. :) It's hard. Leaving family and friends is very hard. I have received some advice that I detach myself to them. Now I wonder what is detachment. Is it forgetting them? Is it leaving them as if they weren't good friends who changed my life?

I would focus on being a Franciscan though when I am there, of course. I would be leading a totally new life. I am on another island as a stranger. They speak different dialect. I have left family, friends and school so I have nothing with me when I am there. It's like I am a new person when I am there since everything would be new. Everything would be so new.This is quite scary but I must not be afraid.

One of the SSVMs told me to give all my forces in following Jesus. I will heed that advice. One of the IVE priests told me, "Courage." I shall remember those words.

I have nothing with me and the only thing I have (like what I have said in my blog) is my little faith which I am trying to ignite into flames. I used to have romantic thoughts about entering. But entering itself is a great sacrifice.. how much more when I am there.

I trust in Jesus. Jesus led me to that community and I am sure He will not abandon me. I am not doing this to feed my ego nor to impress everybody, but solely for the Good Shepherd.

My phamily you are in my prayers.

faithcecelia

Bless you, the last few days are a strange but beautiful time.

Detatchment is a hard one, so if i may, I will tell my own story of it rather than trying to give direct advice.

My family is complicated and while I love them very much I cannot say we are close in the usual sense. I do, however, have 3 fantastic girlfirends - I call them my girlies :blush: . We were inseperable, and my last Mass with Lucy (a week early as she was going on holiday) was unbelievably painful :sad: - we sobbed in each others arms the whole way through, which resulted in most of the choir crying too!

After the first few weeks I was allowed to write freely, and when i wrote to my girlies I ended the letters telling them how much I missed them. I lived for their letters and would worry if I didn't hear regularly, I would then bore everyone else at recreation talking about them and what they were up to. I felt some sadness that I was no longer with them, especially when Julie had her first baby and when Lucy's marriage broke down.

Over time, I realised that my love for them was possessive, and that in allowing myself to feel the way I was I was actually choosing to live half my life outside enclosure - your physical location is only part of the story.

During my Clothing retreat I knew I had to let go of them. When I had entered one of the presents they had given me was a bottle of kiddies bubbles (the landlord of our local pub used to call us all 'Bubbles' due to the carbonated cider we liked!). So one day I took these bubbles, headed down to our lake, and sat there. With tears pouring down my face I blew the bubbles and with each blow I freed both myself and my girlies from the possessive friendship we had had. From that day on I signed off my letters with 'I love you' rather than 'I miss you'. When they told me what they had been doing, or talked about who they had been doing it with, I rejoiced for them rather than felt upset that I wasn't there. It took time, but gradually I stopped needing to choose to think this way as it became natural. I was then able to give myself more completely to the life I was leading, as I was no longer longing for the life I had had previously.

I have never told them what happened, it wouldn't be fair to them. This detatchment in no way decreased our friendship - I love them more than ever - but in a way it purified it.

I am sorry this is long, but I hope it shows you that detachment in no way means forgetting your family and friends, its about freedom - for you and for them.

God Bless you!

tnavarro61

@Cece thank you very much for your reply. This is very helpful. Thank you thank you! I can relate so much, since I have promised to write my friends. Thank you for your last post. It helps me a lot. :)

Detachment doesnt mean that your loved ones are not important, or having to get rid of everyone. it only means to be strongly attached to God first. He is the only one who can walk with us sometimes, as you are about to find out but you will never be alone. You will have Him first and He never expects you to not care about people or take them out of your heart. Offer up your heartache for those you care about so that one day you will see them again at the eternal banquet where there will be no end. Let God use your suffering for their salvation

You will be accompanied by our prayers and I will send my angel to nag you to eat! :P
You are never alone especially when you stay close to Mary. She will always welcome you to hide in her arms when you are scared.

[size="5"][/size][b]
Word of advice.....focus on the positive as opposed to the negative.
For instance- the purpose of detachment is ATTACHMENT to Christ.
Best wishes and many prayers.[/b]

From princess bride! These are beautiful words of wisdom and a bit chessey.

"Death cannot stop true love! It can only delay for a little while!"

You are forever in my prayers and forever in my heart! Benedicite navo! This will be my last post to you because I'm going on retreat with my diocese to learn about leadership and our faith. As I write this I pass st.mary's blvd. mama will always be there to wrap you in her motherly arms. God bless you. Peace of Christ be with you always. Amen

carmenchristi

Am I still in time to say BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEeeeeee NAAAVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo?
:flowers: You will be missed!

MargaretTeresa

Navo, I really must study. But I will leave the window up for a while.

I shall be praying for you. You will be missed. May your days be blessed and full of God's love.

Pax and God bless, Navo. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/amen.gif[/img]

Prayers, sorry I didn't get on last night!!! Good bye! In God's love!

If you could, post your address so we can send cards!

tnavarro61

I am still here. :P

Thank you phatmass.. thank you very much for being my friends! I will miss you so much. You will be in my prayers always! ALWAYS!

It seems that my "stay" here in Phatmass isn't long enough. [i]It seems like we've just begun when suddenly we're through.[/i]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XrL_F6tnT4

Goodbye!! Paalaam!!

May God bless you!