An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women In Habits

InPersonaChriste

TheLordsSouljah

If you could choose a community by habit alone, I would DEFINATELY be a pink nun! :princess: :love:

I was so amazed when I found these habits!!! They are so out there! And then my surprise faded when my friend told me (jokingly!!) she wanted to start an order wearing camo habits..... :hmmm:   :doh:

Beautiful pics TJMH - thank you very much for sharing.  Lovely habits indeed and quite beautiful to see brothers wearing similar habits to their sisters in religion and praying and working, laughing, side by side.

ToJesusMyHeart

Nashies. Can't resist. So excited about Come and See retreat.  :smile3:

reception_2012_2.jpg

Sr. Delia Grace, having just received her new religious name, is given each piece of the Dominican habit by Mother Ann Marie, who is assisted by Sr. Anna Grace, the Novice Mistress.

reception_2012_4.jpg

The thirteen novices stand before the altar wearing the black and white Dominican habit as the community sings the “Ave Maris Stella.”

reception_2012_5.jpg

Novice Sr. Caitriona explains the significance (and the Gaelic spelling) of her name to Sr. Judith and Sr. Mary Josephine.

f_vows_2012_4.jpg

Sr. Josemaria Pence watches as Mother Ann Marie signs below her own signature in the book of vows.

Later_Years_A.gif

The sisters who are no longer actively engaged in the teaching apostolate provide a witness of wisdom and prayer which are a constant source of encouragement and strength for the community.

Postulancy_A.gif

Postulancy: "Those who let themselves be seized by this love cannot help abandoning everything to follow Him." (Vita Consecrata 18)

the_dignity_of_the_human_person.jpg

If I had the call to be a teacher, I would definitely look deeper into the Nashville Dominicans.  They are beautiful and inspirational!  :)

ToJesusMyHeart

Yes they are! I just got off the phone with Sr. PM and she always leaves me feeling so light and joyful. I don't think I laugh on the phone with anyone else quite as much as I laugh with her every time we talk. She is a beautiful soul whom I cannot wait to meet in person!

ToJesusMyHeart
Ok I cant resist posting a picture of "my sisters" they are so beautiful

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=454713627910705&set=a.454711811244220.95161.222352604480143&type=1&theater  I helped chose and setup that Christmas tree

also this http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=454714157910652&set=a.454711811244220.95161.222352604480143&type=1&permPage=1

Mary's child, if you also scroll up on this page, I have posted quite a few pictures of the Sisters :)