An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women In Habits

InPersonaChriste

I've never seen green habits  :bounce:

IMG_2403.JPG

Hey!

I've seen sisters wearing green in a church in Rome. Maybe they are from the same community, but I don't remember their name unfortunately...  :think:

If you like green habits, I know a very small community of priests who wear a green habit. They hold a parish very close to where I live. But they are only in 4 different places in France and one in Belgium I think. It's called the fraternity St Thomas Becket. I like them so much!  :heart: If I find a picture I should post it on the "men in habit" thread.

Edited by Maravillas

If you like green habits, I know a very small community of priests who wear a green habit. They hold a parish very close to where I live. But they are only in 4 different places in France and one in Belgium I think. It's called the fraternity St Thomas Becket. I like them so much!  :heart: If I find a picture I should post it on the "men in habit" thread.

That thread is gone :eek: (I'll start a new one soon). Anyway, you mean these guys. One of the Belgian ones married a friend of mine. The green is very similar.

1612-FSTB4-N.jpg

I've never seen green habits  :bounce:

IMG_2403.JPG

The sisters with the green habits in Rome are the Missionaries of Divine Revelation.

Here is the thread where they were discussed before.

ToJesusMyHeart

Thanks to SrKateri for the below picture!

_7984480842.jpg

The above photo is from their first profession. Here they are as novices: 

sistersoflifenovices2010-1.jpg

future-sv.jpg

Because you can never have too much Sister of Life beauty in one thread. 

Edit: Just wanted to add that the postulant pictured here took her solemn vows a couple years ago! 

I think this is her now:

540935_2706041987010_380756709_n.jpg

A nice family portrait:

19330_2706042627026_1878703785_n.jpg

(I'm wondering why the sister on the right is the only one with a slightly different colour of habit)

A nice family portrait:

19330_2706042627026_1878703785_n.jpg

(I'm wondering why the sister on the right is the only one with a slightly different colour of habit)

It could be that she transferred from a different PCC convent into this one.  :think:

ChristinaTherese

More Passionists:

NunsChristmasCarol1blog2012.jpg

Their caption: Singing Christmas Carols and wearing those zany hats loaned by our sweet Oblate Veda!

nunatCribblog2012.jpg

Again, their caption: And to continue to make many visits to the holy crib…to meditate on the Word made Flesh – the whole “reason for the season”. We have several nativity scenes throughout the monastery. Today we took this one down…until next year!