An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women In Habits

InPersonaChriste

Pax_et bonum

Yeah and you need to learn to read.

Says 1001 for me too. I assume you're kidding around, but on the Internet without any smilies or anything, you're coming off as rather rude. ;)

My original comment was meant to be lighthearted, not to start an argument (unless you're kidding).

Julie de Sales

Interesting scapular - again we see it as shortened, but also rounded (kind of like those purple Carmelites that were posted a while back).  Would short scapular = novice in this case, or were all the sisters' scapulars this short?

I think all the sisters' scapulars are this short and the novices are distinguished by the fact that they don't have any image on it and do not wear a cross.

Like in the twelve photo, the third sister: http://laudato.hr/Multimedija/Foto-galerija/Apostoli-mira-obiljezili-spomen-na-mucenistvo-bl-.aspx

I think all the sisters' scapulars are this short and the novices are distinguished by the fact that they don't have any image on it and do not wear a cross.

Like in the twelve photo, the third sister: http://laudato.hr/Multimedija/Foto-galerija/Apostoli-mira-obiljezili-spomen-na-mucenistvo-bl-.aspx

Curious, their first convent is in my city and those sisters have longe scapulars. The one novice I have seen wears the habit with a blue sash around the waist and a blue Mary monogram on the scapular instead of the red sacred hearts with thorns (and no cross).

Recordare Virgo

234_BenedictineSisters04.jpg
Benedictine nuns of the Annunciation Monastery.

Very old photo. I am under the impression that they no longer wear habits, or even a veil for that matter.

This photo was taken at the beautiful shrine of Our Lady called "Marytown" in Libertyville, Illinois. It's sad that the Benedictine nuns are gone. The stalls are now occupied by a relatively small group of Conventual Franciscan Friars who run the shrine with the assistance of the Daughters of the Immaculata, a very small but beautiful community who dress in a full dark-blue habit. www.daughtersoftheimmaculata.com

ChristinaTherese

This seems to be a pretty common source of confusion here on PM. I'll insert commentary below to explain it how I see.

I just wanted to be the 1000th poster in this thread! :winner:  :congrats: I can't believe I went through this entire thread tonight, instead of studying of course!

PS sorry to be a Debbie Downer but it says you're #1001   :console:

You were looking at the number in the upper right hand corner, which said 1001. (For this post, it says 1019.)

Umm no you were 1001. You're just jealous.

You were looking at the number of responses, back in the menu where you choose threads to read, where it said 1000. (For this post it says 1018.)

Haha I'm just tellin ya what I saw on my computer. :)

Basically, there are two different numbers. It happens a lot of the time that people read the response number (like you) and don't realize that that's the number of responses to the OP, and doesn't include the OP itself. The other number, the one that appears on each post, is the number of posts in the thread and does include the OP itself.

I'm only here today because it's a Sunday, and will be gone the rest of the week because it's still Lent, and Holy Week at that. I hope this clears things up for everyone and there's no blood lost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, back to the topic of the thread:

StMaryNunRunChaps2013.jpg

whitesmokeblog.jpg

(The Whitesville Passionists' reaction to seeing white smoke.)

• 2 weeks later...