An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women In Habits

InPersonaChriste

ToJesusMyHeart

CIMG0260-500.jpg

March 19, 2013- 

Sr. Marianne makes her first profession and receives her new name: Sr. Bernadette Marie

profession%20083%20(2)-300.jpg

Sr. Agnes Immaculae renews her vows for 3 years

profession%20080%20(2)-300.jpg

IMG_0382-400.jpg

Guest Allie

SacredHeart.gif SR. MARIA THERESA - FIRST VOWS  

On December 8, 2012, Sr. Theresa pronounced her first vows as a religious of the Visitation of Holy Mary during a beautiful Mass in honor of the Immaculate Conception. Archbishop Thomas J. Rodi was the main celebrant, assisted by Fr. Methodius Telnack, OCSO, of the Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers, Georgia, and Fr. Dan Good of St. Mary's Church in Mobile. Fr. Methodius, who has been a friend of Sister for over fifty years, gave the homily, highlighting significant moments in Sister's life that culminated in her call to the monastery.

During the ceremony which followed the homily, the superior, Mother Margaret Mary Rumpf, received Sister's vows to live in poverty, chastity, and obedience for three years, and then Sister received the cross of profession, a copy of the Constitutions of the Order, and her religious name, Maria Theresa, which is also her baptismal name. Her five daughters, with husbands and children attended the profession and visited with Sister and the community in the parlor afterward.

Pictures were taken by Sister Maria Theresa's family and Larry Wahl of the Catholic Week.

Photo10_000.jpg Photo3c.jpg Fr. Methodius preaches the homily. Archbishop Rodi calls Sister to her vows. Photo5_001.jpg Photo7_000.jpg Mother Margaret Mary and Archbishop Rodi witness as the newly-professed sister signs her vows. Archbishop Rodi and Fr. Methodius greet Sr. Maria Theresa in the parlor during the reception after the profession Mass. Photo8.jpg Photo9_000.jpg The community joins in the festive visit. The Archbishop and Fr. Methodius meet with Sister and her five daughters. Photo1_000.jpg The whole family gathers for photos with the Archbishop and Fr. Methodius.

Mary+Immaculate<3

IMG_2455-1024x768.jpg

Their (Summit Dominicans, Sr. Mary Catherine's community) caption: Is my arm span as long as my height?

I like that blog post, found here: http://nunsopsummit.org/archives/4233

Dude. All I can think about is the 3 fates in Greek mythology measuring and cutting people's lives when I see this picture, just sayin'

Alberto Guimaraes

Peace and Good!  :yahoo:

CFR sisters are so lovely!  :nun3:

Jesus, Mary and Francis bless them!  :nun1:

Br. Alberto Guimaraes SFO

Secular Franciscan Fraternity of Braga - Portugal

Edited by Alberto Guimaraes

OnlySunshine

Sr. Clare is awesome!!  She had us in giggles when I visited the postulant house in January 2010 with the other retreatants.  :)

Kayte Postle

So I know someone posted this photo awhile back, and we weren't able to find what community this joyful sister was from.

Bible%20Dan-3_thumb.jpg

But I finally found them!! She is from the Missionaries of the Gospel. They are a newer community (founded in 2008) from Australia.

• 2 weeks later...
Pax_et bonum

Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration on the first day of May. It's hard to see, but one of the sisters told us to throw fallen petals into the air for the picture :hehe2:

253310_10201063207208213_2071605764_n.jp

Julie de Sales

The song is released in order to raise money for the construction of their chapel and their hermitages.

maximillion

It begins

"J'ai besoin de toi'"

"I need you"  presumably Jesus addressing Himself to the listener.

I can't make out all of the French - I've lost my ear for it a little, but it is about the Religious Life on the mountain, mentions light, prayer (for the world), the beauty of the dessert,

and asks us to listen to the call.