An Old School Catholic Message Board

Order Guessing Game

LaPetiteSoeur

Okay, I cannot resist:

This active-contemplative international order was founded in the aftermath of the French revolution by a woman (now a Saint)) who really wanted to become a Discalced Carmelite nun. Her brother, a priest, advised that her intellect and gifts for teaching should be used in an educational apostolate and she obeyed. Their first group of sisters to come to United States in the early 1800s included a former Visitadine (also now a Saint) who was called by the native americans "she who prays always."

Edited by Graciela

faithcecelia

[quote name='Graciela' timestamp='1308352327' post='2255359']
Okay, I cannot resist:

This active-contemplative international order was founded in the aftermath of the French revolution by a woman (now a Saint)) who really wanted to become a Discalced Carmelite nun. Her brother, a priest, advised that her intellect and gifts for teaching should be used in an educational apostolate and she obeyed. Their first group of sisters to come to United States in the early 1800s included a former Visitadine (also now a Saint) who was called by the native americans "she who prays always."
[/quote]

Society of the Sacred Heart?

OnlySunshine

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1308340680' post='2255217']
Disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ. I get their newsletter.
[/quote]

Yes, you are correct!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1308352677' post='2255363']
Society of the Sacred Heart?
[/quote]

I agree.

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308352868' post='2255366']
I agree.
[/quote]

If I guess correct and get to post a clue - I will make it very hard indeed.... :dance:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1308354742' post='2255381']
Oooooh I think I have one! Can I post it, pleeeeeease???
[/quote]

Sure!

faithcecelia

This community (again sisters) was founded in Nottingham UK in 1887. They moved their motherhouse to Rome at the personal request of the pope.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1308356324' post='2255393']
This community (again sisters) was founded in Nottingham UK in 1887. They moved their motherhouse to Rome at the personal request of the pope.
[/quote]

Little Company of Mary?

faithcecelia

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308357927' post='2255400']
Little Company of Mary?
[/quote]

Yep! :clapping: And random information, their foundress was a parishioner at Portsmouth Cathedral, where I go if I can make it to the mainland :like:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1308358130' post='2255402']
Yep! :clapping: And random information, their foundress was a parishioner at Portsmouth Cathedral, where I go if I can make it to the mainland :like:
[/quote]

Cool! I wasn't entirely sure it was them but it was the only order I could find at the moment that was founded in Nottingham. My master Google skills come in handy. I'm a Google ninja! :ninja:

Here is the next clue:
[b]
This order was started in Budapest, Hungary. Their apostolate is caring for the sick, poor, and desolate. They operate nursing homes to care for the elderly.[/b]

OnlySunshine

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1308359482' post='2255409']
Okay, this is a google-guess too :saint:

Sisters of Social Service??
[/quote]

Nope, sorry. The community I mentioned is a member of the Institute for Religious Life and CMSWR if that helps at all.

Actually, I need to rephrase the above:

[b]This order was started in Budapest, Hungary. Their apostolate is caring for the sick, poor, and desolate. They work in nursing homes, hospitals, and hospice care.[/b]

faithcecelia

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308359579' post='2255411']
Nope, sorry. The community I mentioned is a member of the Institute for Religious Life and CMSWR if that helps at all.

[b]This order was started in Budapest, Hungary. Their apostolate is caring for the sick, poor, and desolate. They work in nursing homes, hospitals, and hospice care.[/b]
[/quote]

Ooooh, no idea then, and even google isnt helping!

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308359579' post='2255411']

[/quote]

Little Sisters of the Poor?