An Old School Catholic Message Board

Order Guessing Game

LaPetiteSoeur

OnlySunshine

This community was founded on the Feast of the Sacred Heart in 1956. Their apostolate is teaching and care of the elderly.

faithcecelia

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308504885' post='2255978']
This community was founded on the Feast of the Sacred Heart in 1956. Their apostolate is teaching and care of the elderly.
[/quote]

Congregation of the Divine Spirit?

OnlySunshine

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1308505618' post='2255987']
Congregation of the Divine Spirit?
[/quote]

Psssh...I was hoping that wouldn't be too easy. :blush:

faithcecelia

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308507307' post='2256001']
Psssh...I was hoping that wouldn't be too easy. :blush:
[/quote]

:lol:

Actually, must say am finding it facinating looking into all these orders and congregations.

I have one -

This women's religous order was founded by two priests as a result of Vatican II. This comunity has these components/beliefs that they practice: penance in the common life, in duty carried out to perfection, in fasting, in using the discipline, in wearing the holy habit always and in the renunciation of all worldly amusements or vacation. Their apostolate includes: printing press, television and radio stations in imitation of St. Maximillian Kolbe. More clues to come. (hopefully :) There are other well known persons in their charism.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1308518487' post='2256082']
I have one -

This women's religous order was founded by two priests as a result of Vatican II. This comunity has these components/beliefs that they practice: penance in the common life, in duty carried out to perfection, in fasting, in using the discipline, in wearing the holy habit always and in the renunciation of all worldly amusements or vacation. Their apostolate includes: printing press, television and radio stations in imitation of St. Maximillian Kolbe. More clues to come. (hopefully :) There are other well known persons in their charism.
[/quote]

Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate?

OnlySunshine

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1308532986' post='2256170']
Wow How do you do that so fast?
Correct
[/quote]

Told ya--I have a photographic memory. I went back to their website just to be sure, too. I also contacted Sr. Maria Consolatrice in 2009 because I was interested in their order, but I have to be on medication now so I am not eligible for candidacy.

OnlySunshine

Here is the next clue:

This order was started in 1891 in Rome, Italy. The congregation has homes in four countries--United States, Canada, Australia and South America. Their apostolates are health care and education.

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308539439' post='2256201']
Here is the next clue:

This order was started in 1891 in Rome, Italy. The congregation has homes in four countries--United States, Canada, Australia and South America. Their apostolates are health care and education.
[/quote]

I wonder where I posted my answer - doubt it is right - Sisters of Providence of [b]Saint[/b] Cajetan of Thiene

OnlySunshine

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1308546966' post='2256255']
I wonder where I posted my answer - doubt it is right - Sisters of Providence of [b]Saint[/b] Cajetan of Thiene
[/quote]

No, sorry. :blush:

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1308573160' post='2256287']
:nunpray: Resurrection sisters?

Eight pages already?! This is a fun game!
[/quote]

I agree and educational

OnlySunshine

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1308573160' post='2256287']
:nunpray: Resurrection sisters?

Eight pages already?! This is a fun game!
[/quote]

YEP!