An Old School Catholic Message Board

Order Guessing Game

LaPetiteSoeur

LaPetiteSoeur

This religious order was founded by a Polish layman. These sisters do everything: teach, nurse, work in churchs; basically, you name it, they do it with joy! They have missions in the United States, South Africa, Sibera, and Europe.

Who are they?

OnlySunshine

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1308600003' post='2256405']
This religious order was founded by a Polish layman. These sisters do everything: teach, nurse, work in churchs; basically, you name it, they do it with joy! They have missions in the United States, South Africa, Sibera, and Europe.

Who are they?
[/quote]

I had the toughest time figuring this out! You picked a good one, LPS. :blush:

Little Servant Sisters of the Immaculate Conception founded by Blessed Edmund Bojanowski

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308624869' post='2256647']

Little Servant Sisters of the Immaculate Conception founded by Blessed Edmund Bojanowski
[/quote]

I am going to post mine now MM

This order was founded in Italy by a Priest anda Religous. The Priest is currently on the Blessed list as well as the birth Sister of Mother. She begged God to take her so that her sister may continue her work with the order. They are an international community.and came to the US at the request of Pope Pius X.

Who are they?

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308624869' post='2256647']

[/quote]

Yep! They're an avvesome order, full of wonderful, holy women!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1308631117' post='2256690']
This order was founded in Italy by a Priest anda Religous. The Priest is currently on the Blessed list as well as the birth Sister of Mother. She begged God to take her so that her sister may continue her work with the order. They are an international community.and came to the US at the request of Pope Pius X.

Who are they?
[/quote]

Religious Sistes Filipini?

OnlySunshine

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1308746829' post='2257226']
Religious Sistes Filipini?
[/quote]

Since I helped Darlene with the clue, I'm going to say, nope, sorry. :blush:

New Clues -

This order is a Religious Congregation of Pontifical Rite
Our Sisters came to the United States in 1913 and chose to begin the works of the Congregation in Chicago where the first Sisters ministered to the Italian immigrants and their families. They taught school and later started to build a residential home and school with the focus of caring for the mentally and physically challenged.

We live our religious consecration, professing the three vows of Chastity, Poverty and Obedience in a communion of life with each other. We spread the "culture of charity" in fourteen countries around the world: Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Romania, India, the Philippines, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Mexico, Canada and the United States

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1308757276' post='2257269']
New Clues -

This order is a Religious Congregation of Pontifical Rite
Our Sisters came to the United States in 1913 and chose to begin the works of the Congregation in Chicago where the first Sisters ministered to the Italian immigrants and their families. They taught school and later started to build a residential home and school with the focus of caring for the mentally and physically challenged.

We live our religious consecration, professing the three vows of Chastity, Poverty and Obedience in a communion of life with each other. We spread the "culture of charity" in fourteen countries around the world: Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Romania, India, the Philippines, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Mexico, Canada and the United States
[/quote]

Daughters of St. Mary of Providence

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1308761466' post='2257284']
[/quote]

Yep, you are correct! Your turn!

[/quote]

Good job Lisa! What gave it away???

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1308764663' post='2257301']
Good job Lisa! What gave it away???
[/quote]

"culture of charity" :) put it into quotes on google and it was the first thing! :dance5: good one though!!!

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1308765046' post='2257307']
"culture of charity" :) put it into quotes on google and it was the first thing! :dance5: good one though!!!
[/quote]

tyvm I figured it was something like that lol..

Your turn next to post. BTW how goes your discernment? Do you know when the DSMME's Professions are? I wonder how many postulants this year. I assume you have chatted with some of the folks who were there to get the viewpoint. Have you considered or visited ND?

[/quote]

Is this Mother Cabrini et al?

I suppose I could google but I am lazy. :P

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1308777238' post='2257393']
BTW how goes your discernment? Do you know when the DSMME's Professions are? I wonder how many postulants this year. I assume you have chatted with some of the folks who were there to get the viewpoint. Have you considered or visited ND?
[/quote]

Will send you a PM about it, or start a new thread... but I'm pretty sure people are tired of hearing about my love for the DSMME :) :nun1: :nun2: :nun3: :love: :cloud9:

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1308778111' post='2257398']
Is this Mother Cabrini et al?

I suppose I could google but I am lazy. :P
[/quote]

Nope- she was the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart, or something along that lines.
This is these sisters: [url="http://www.dsmpic.org/"]http://www.dsmpic.org/[/url]

New clue:
Minnesota. VERRRRYY new. Public Association of the Faithful. Mother Mary Clare is only in her late 20s or early 30s. Black tunic, white scapular (super cute habit).

Edited by Lisa