An Old School Catholic Message Board

How To Have Family Refer To Religious

MissScripture

Little Flower

but anyhow i want my name to start with marie anyway. i want my name to be Sister Marie Therese. so maybe Aunt Marie Therese. idk. i want to be called aunt

MissScripture

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1311857901' post='2277463']

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations to her and to your whole family!!!

Wouldn't that have been funny if that had been the girls' name you had chosen for your baby? :lol:
[/quote]
Idk how I missed this post before, but I just saw it now! My husband actually said, "What if she gets one of our baby names as her name?" I knew she wouldn't have put those in, because she knew what our options were. But I suppose if Mother just somehow decided that, it would've been crazy! I still would've gone with the baby name, though, because a) I made a promise to St. Philomena, and b) then my baby could be named after my sister, too, since she can't be a Godmother. Of all the names we have already picked out for our future baby, and 5 other future children, Anne and Therese were not included in any of them!

MissScripture

[quote name='Catherine Therese' timestamp='1312035931' post='2278472']
Wonderful news, Miss Scripture!! SME emailed all of us who are entering the list of new names as soon as the new novices had a chance to tell all of their family what their new names were. :-) I thought of you as I read her name on the list.

I wonder if she ever got to meet and get to know the elderly Sr Anne Therese who passed away on New Years Day?? (I was there on my visit at the time.) I'm sure your sister had her own reasons and devotions that led to her name but perhaps Sister made an impression, too?

Anyway, its exciting news, thanks be to God!
[/quote]
I'm not sure if that was why or not. I'm eagerly awaiting her next letter to me, in the hopes of learning more about her name and why it was chosen. (Although, as I may have already said, the Therese was at least in part because that was her confirmation name)

DSMME started with 22 and their are 18 postulant names left on their webpage as they have not updated it with the new Novice names. Anne Marie was the last one to leave according to that and it was about 2 weeks after Postulancy.

MissScripture

No, they really need to update it! :smile3: But maybe they want to give the Sisters a chance to write home first? I was pretty bummed I didn't think to send a card for the investiture until after the fact, because my parents got a Thank you, and I would've too if I had sent a card. They also got a longer letter. My mom read it all over the phone to me, last night. :dance: It made me so happy! :dance:

I called yesterday to see when they would be updating it and was told that the majority of the sisters are in retreat before they return home to their assignments. It should be updated in a week or so.

MarisStella

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1312645967' post='2282417']
I called yesterday to see when they would be updating it and was told that the majority of the sisters are in retreat before they return home to their assignments. It should be updated in a week or so.
[/quote]

I forgot about that! And I think the majority of the professed sisters are going home to visit within the next couple weeks, so...

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1312603525' post='2282230']
It hurts to go on their website. It's like an addiction. :twitch:
[/quote]

O my goodness, yes.