An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Want Your Religious Name To Be?

Little Flower

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1320621683' post='2332317']

As in coagulated milk straws or mozzarella sticks? Ooooo. Now I want to make coagulated milk straws.
[/quote]

Mozzy sticks :drool:

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Ooh, thought of another one!

Sr. Gianna Felicity of the Holy Name

I love the "of the Holy Name" thing, but I can't be Sr. Mary-Therese of the Visitation, the Seven Sorrows, AND the Holy Name. :) I could, but I don't even know if they'd allow that! :nunpray:

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1320629107' post='2332388']
Sr Chiquita Lolita Cecita Pampita Rosita Bambita Marguerita de Vita Consecrita!!!

Ole! :mex: :paco2:
[/quote]

Love it, nunsense!

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Sr Chiquita Lolita Cecita Pampita Rosita Bambita Marguerita de Vita Consecrita!!!

[/quote]
Haha! Love it...

PhuturePriest

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1320589559' post='2332222']

They have a Fr. Augustino Torres, so I don't know that the name is available. Brother Dominic is actually very nice. I don't know if you know that St. Francis and St. Dominic were friends! There is even a women's religious order that combines both Franciscan and Dominican charisms -- the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word. ;)
[/quote]

Actually, names aren't thrown out of the question because someone already has them. There are many Friaries where Friars have the same names. They usually use something to differentiate between them, but there is no problem with two Friars in the same Order having the same name. It's probably quite common with the larger groups such as the Friars of the Renewal. I don't like the name Augustino though, that's why I said Augustine. ;P

Edited by FuturePriest387

PhuturePriest

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1320624575' post='2332353']

Mozzy sticks :drool:
[/quote]

... I hate all coagulated milk. If I eat pizza I take the coagulated milk off. :P

[/quote]

:lol3:

[i]Sr Chiquita Lolita Cecita Pampita Rosita Bambita Marguerita de Vita Consecrita!!!

Ole! :mex: :paco2:[/i]

Are you making fun of my adopted country?!! Actually, my husband, Jose', thought it was just a BIT over the top :hehe2:
He wanted to know where the emoticons were for the mariachi band :)))

Sr. Nicole at OLAM was invested Saturday. Of course, they haven't published any pictures or her new name, but I'm waiting with great anticipation. I keep checking the OLAM website and their Image and Likeness blog for any news, but.....nada.

Hey, y'all. I just noticed I went from PM Newbie to PM Peep. What does that signify? And how many posts to I need to get to the next level? Kind of like saving Green Stamps (for all you who are of a certain age!!!----which I'm sure most of you are not) :hehe2:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1320676284' post='2332552']
[i]Sr Chiquita Lolita Cecita Pampita Rosita Bambita Marguerita de Vita Consecrita!!![/i]

[i]Ole! :mex: :paco2:[/i]

Are you making fun of my adopted country?!! Actually, my husband, Jose', thought it was just a BIT over the top :hehe2:
He wanted to know where the emoticons were for the mariachi band :)))
[/quote]

Actually, I grew up in Southern California where Spanish was considered a second language. And this was based on a song that the kids used to recite...here is a link to Glenn Miller''s band singing it.

The names are little different though so I had to google them. They are
[size="5"]Conchita, Marquita, Lolita, Pepita, Rosita, Juanita Lopez [/size]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETbubcJBvo8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETbubcJBvo8[/url]

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1320676948' post='2332556']
Hey, y'all. I just noticed I went from PM Newbie to PM Peep. What does that signify? And how many posts to I need to get to the next level? Kind of like saving Green Stamps (for all you who are of a certain age!!!----which I'm sure most of you are not) :hehe2:
[/quote]

[b]What are all the groups about?[/b]
The ranking underneath your name changes as your post count increases:

[i]Lurker-[/i] Under 50 posts
[i]Newbie-[/i] 50 posts
[i]Peep-[/i] 250 posts
[i]Alien-[/i] 350 or 450 posts
[i]Super Alien-[/i] 750 posts
[i]PM Pham-[/i] 1550 posts
[b]Once you reach 3150 posts, you can change your own title.[/b]