An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Want Your Religious Name To Be?

Little Flower

LittleWaySoul

[quote name='LittleWaySoul' timestamp='1345596573' post='2471602']
Does the Mother of the order typically [b]chose[/b]? I was under the impression that the nun-to-be would choose her name. How does that work?
[/quote]
Oh my goodness. I know this is totally irrelevant, but I'm absolutely mortified that I wrote "chose" instead of "choose." :twitch: :wall: :blush: Sorry!
Anyway, thanks for answering my question :smile3:

inperpetuity

There are so many names that I think are beautifull, but I would rather my prioress choose my name for me because this way I would be more certain that it was God choosing my name and not my vanity asserting itself. Since I do love St. Gertrude, I always kind of thought that would be a good name for me. Although the name Gertrude is not exactly attractive according to modern sentiments, the saint herself has a beautiful soul, but I could turn even that into vanity. Seriously, I am strictly speaking for myself here.

Edited by inperpetuity

Pax_et bonum

I really like St. Br. Andre and it would be amesome to have that connection with the Congregation of Holy Cross. Maybe I'm biased, but they don't make priests like them just anywhere. And St. Joseph has always been around for me as well as being the protector of virgins. Of course Br. Andre had a great devotion to him, and the first community I got to know, SSFPA, all have "of St. Joseph" for their titles.

Sr. Mary Andre of St. Joseph (and possibly something else)
I could totally see myself answering to Sr. Andre :nun:

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1345941352' post='2474263']
I really like St. Br. Andre and it would be amesome to have that connection with the Congregation of Holy Cross. Maybe I'm biased, but they don't make priests like them just anywhere. And St. Joseph has always been around for me as well as being the protector of virgins. Of course Br. Andre had a great devotion to him, and the first community I got to know, SSFPA, all have "of St. Joseph" for their titles.

Sr. Mary Andre of St. Joseph (and possibly something else)
I could totally see myself answering to Sr. Andre :nun:
[/quote]

Sr. Andreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• 1 month later...

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1349913225' post='2492113']
Bumping! Came up with one of the best ones yet: Sr. Beata Maria. :love:

Sr. Beata Maria, O.P.

DOE.
[/quote]
I would have to sing your name: "Beata Maria, you know I am a righteous man..." One of the most epic bad guy songs :evil:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqGL9B_TPTI[/media]

DiscerningCatholic
:wall:

I don't watch TV! Or Disney. Don't judge! Matthew 7:1.

Maybe Beata Maria isn't the best idea after all. I wouldn't want all of the other sisters serenading me at all hours of the day. :harp:

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1349915884' post='2492122']
:wall:

I don't watch TV! Or Disney. Don't judge! Matthew 7:1.

Maybe Beata Maria isn't the best idea after all. I wouldn't want all of the other sisters serenading me at all hours of the day. :harp:
[/quote]
I think Beata Maria is lovely-both the name itself and it's meaning! You [i]might[/i] get the Hunchback song, though honestly my memory did not immediately jog to that tune. I need to watch Hunchback again..I am sure it's more interesting to watch as a Catholic.

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1349915186' post='2492119']
I would have to sing your name: "Beata Maria, you know I am a righteous man..." One of the most epic bad guy songs :evil:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqGL9B_TPTI[/media]
[/quote]
Pax you are just too cool. :smokey:

Edited by emmaberry101

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1349919366' post='2492146']
I think Beata Maria is lovely-both the name itself and it's meaning! Though you might get the Hunchback song, though honestly my memory did not immediately jog to the song. I need to watch Hunchback again..I am sure it's more interesting to watch as a Catholic.
[/quote]

I may have to scrap that name. :|

Therese Faustina and Magdalene Rose are still my top two. Because a.wesome saints are a.wesome.

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1349919366' post='2492146']
I think Beata Maria is lovely-both the name itself and it's meaning! You [i]might[/i] get the Hunchback song, though honestly my memory did not immediately jog to that tune. I need to watch Hunchback again..I am sure it's more interesting to watch as a Catholic.

Pax you are just too cool. :smokey:
[/quote]
It was the first thing I thought of :hehe2: Disney generation, can't help it. Hunchback of ND is wonderful and the music is really good! :love: the song Heaven's Light (right before Hellfire).

Thanks, Emma, I try :pimp:

:saint2:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1349925484' post='2492192']
It was the first thing I thought of :hehe2: Disney generation, can't help it. Hunchback of ND is wonderful and the music is really good! :love: the song Heaven's Light (right before Hellfire).

Thanks, Emma, I try :pimp:

:saint2:
[/quote]

I'm so cool I don't need to try. I'm just naturally this cool.

Catholicterp7

I really love Sister Leonie Amata but when I told my mom that she said "I'm still going to call you Sister Solanus, or maybe I'll just call you Little Barnie" (that's what my Grandma, who is the reason I have such a huge devotion to him, would always call him because his baptismal name was Bernard)
I also love Sister Mary Angelique. I have a friend in the Poor Clares in VA who's name is Sister Angelique and her feast day is Christmas! :love:
JMJ+ :heart: