An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Want Your Religious Name To Be?

Little Flower

she_who_is_not

I belong to Martha, though I wouldn't want to have Martha as a religious name. Sr. Mary Bethany or Bethany Marie would be razzle dazzle though.

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1320706895' post='2332834']
I'm also one of Edith Stein's confirmandi! Though she also has St Thomas Aquinas to help her out with me.
[/quote]

WE SHOULD BE FRIENDS hahaha :D

I belong to St. Anne, the mother of Our Lady. I'm really not close to her other than the fact that I love that I choose Mary's beautiful parent to pray for me! I didn't really pay much attention. I honestly don't think Confirmation really mattered to me that much. Things have a way of working themselves out. ;)

she_who_is_not

I have a lot of favorite religious names. If I ever enter, I plan to ask my Novice Mistress or Superior to choose a name for me as a mortification because I think I'm a little too attached to the whole idea. However, here are some I like.

Sr. Pax Christi
Sr. Amata Veritas
Sr. Maria Karol
Sr. Joanna Pauline
Sr. Marie Lataste
Sr. Maria Joy

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend about religious sisters taking names vs. retaining baptismal names. Somehow we started joking about heterodox religious names and came up with Sr. Mary Kundalini and Sr. Anne Reiki. We're weird.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1320708009' post='2332849']
I have a lot of favorite religious names. If I ever enter, I plan to ask my Novice Mistress or Superior to choose a name for me as a mortification because I think I'm a little too attached to the whole idea. However, here are some I like.

Sr. Pax Christi
Sr. Amata Veritas
Sr. Maria Karol
Sr. Joanna Pauline
Sr. Marie Lataste
Sr. Maria Joy

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend about religious sisters taking names vs. retaining baptismal names. Somehow we started joking about heterodox religious names and came up with Sr. Mary Kundalini and Sr. Anne Reiki. We're weird.
[/quote]
I LOVE Sr. Joanna Pauline and Sr. Maria Karol. Beautiful.

Queen'sDaughter

I am still being silly. (Sorry).

Sister Matthew Mark of the Divine Word. Nice huh? Until people start calling you Sister M&M.

I really do have names picked out that I will likely request. But it is always fun to speculate. BTW, I know of a Sister Dwayne. Always seemed a little odd to me.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1320708338' post='2332852']
I LOVE Sr. Joanna Pauline and Sr. Maria Karol. Beautiful.
[/quote]
There's a ND with the name Maria Karol!

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1320717314' post='2332981']

Sister Matthew Mark of the Divine Word. Nice huh? Until people start calling you Sister M&M.

I really do have names picked out that I will likely request. But it is always fun to speculate. BTW, I know of a Sister Dwayne. Always seemed a little odd to me.
[/quote]

Sr. Rock

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1320717314' post='2332981']

[/quote]
HA! Love it.

TeresaBenedicta

I've got a few names I've been praying with... I can't believe that I'll actually be submitting them soon! Crazy!

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320767045' post='2333197']
I've got a few names I've been praying with... I can't believe that I'll actually be submitting them soon! Crazy!
[/quote]
Congratulations! It must be so exciting for you, and we are all so excited for you.

InPersonaChriste

Ahh.. thinking more again.

Clare Marie is still staying with me.. Stuck like glue, whenever I think of religious names that one never goes away.

I also like:
Sr. Margarete of Mary (a french interpretation of my patroness, Margaret of Scotland)
Sr. Helen of the most sacred heart
Sr. Maude Catherine (for st Maude and Catherine of Alexandria who is a personal favorite saint since i was 7)
Sr. Jane Marie of the divine mercy

The titles are so beautiful!!!!!! For the community that, Lord willing, I'm entering (!), they don't take titles, but they have such a wide variety of names. It's truly beautiful. I love looking at the list of current names and learning more about the saints and virtues!