An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Want Your Religious Name To Be?

Little Flower

OnlySunshine

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1333892895' post='2414390']
A DSMME from my parish picked that name precisely because she wanted a Marian name. :)
[/quote]
[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1333901242' post='2414428']
I love Sr. Bethany.
[/quote]

There is a Sr. Beata in my favorite order after the Beatitudes. I thought that was very pretty and so symbolic. :)

This is a bit off-topic but I must ask. Would it be weird for a girl to take the confirmation name Jean-Marie Vianney? Just wondering..

Quaesivi Vultuum Tuum

The 171, I don't no for a confirmation name, but I know a sister Marie-Vianney, so why not!
But if you would take the complete name, is Jean-Marie Baptiste Vianney, because he had choose Baptiste as confirmation name.

I also know a sister 'Matilde Marie des saints anges protecteur du Sacré Coeur'(Matilde Mary of holy angels protect Sacred Heart). I like angels so i like her name! I like too the name of 'Marie Seraphin' but i know nobody whith this name!

Quaesivi Vultuum Tuum

I don't no for a confirmation name, but I know a sister Marie-Vianney, so why not!

I also know a sister 'Matilde Marie des saints anges protecteur du Sacré Coeur'(Matilde Mary of holy angels protect Sacred Heart). I like angels so i like her name! I like too the name of 'Marie Seraphin' but i know nobody whith this name!

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1333910399' post='2414447']
This is a bit off-topic but I must ask. Would it be weird for a girl to take the confirmation name Jean-Marie Vianney? Just wondering..
[/quote]

nope!!!! Guy names are perfectly acceptable! And what a role model; he brought thousands back to the sacraments and had a great love for our Lady!

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1333910399' post='2414447']
[/quote]
A good number of the girls in my class chose male saints, I almost chose St. Anthony, actually. :) I think it's razzle dazzle!

I know toucan accept guys. I was just worried about appearing as one of those "women priest wannabes"

FutureCarmeliteClaire

So, I have a few new favorite religious names. :)

Sr. Scholastica Emanuella of His Passion

Sr. Margaret-Mary Angela of the Visitation

Sr. Anna Mary of the Presentation

Sr. Hanna of the Divinity of Christ

Sr. Marietta Dolores of the Visitation

But I am still in love with the name Sr. Maria Therese of the Visitation. :love:

All pretty... You have to be able to say them at speed while running down a hallway though. Especially if everyone's going to be using the full title all the time! My only other consideration is that it be internationally pronounceable - not that I'm planning to travel, but folks from all over do come and visit, and I would hate to put the burden of 'Wihtburh' or 'Ermentrude' on someone who's never previously been west of Kiev!

PhuturePriest

If I'm a parish Priest, this will be very difficult for me. Though I would love to be the first Saint Miles, I wouldn't mind being called Father Augustine. I'm torn between the two names, really.

OnlySunshine

I love the name Sr. Regina in honor of Our Lady. I also have an elderly family friend who is mentally disabled named Regina and she reminds me so much of Our Lady because of her innocence and total humility. She has never uttered a nasty word or a hateful remark to anyone. She is also Catholic. I fear that she won't be around much longer because she is 87 years old and is in declining health. I think that honoring her name and Our Lady's at once is appropriate. ;)

she_who_is_not

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1333947235' post='2414666']
I know toucan accept guys. I was just worried about appearing as one of those "women priest wannabes"
[/quote]

Don't worry about how you appear. God knows your heart, and He is the only one who matters.

Queen'sDaughter

MM, your post reminded me of another possible religious name: Sister Regina Marie of the Holy Family.

Love this thread; there are so many good ideas on it!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1334366257' post='2417440']
MM, your post reminded me of another possible religious name: Sister Regina Marie of the Holy Family.

Love this thread; there are so many good ideas on it!
[/quote]

That's beautiful! I LOVE the Holy Family so it would be amesome to have as a mystery. :love:

Unfortunately, the order I am discerning with does not use mysteries (at least, I don't think they do). I could be mistaken but I have never seen a Sister's name with a mystery attached.