An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Want Your Religious Name To Be?

Little Flower

sister_leocadia

I didn't choose mine, it was given to me and I really like it. Our newest novices also have new names, Sr Eusabia and Sr Petroc.

Hey, St Petroc was Welsh and he preached to the Devonians, so he's well known where I live, never thought I would hear of a Sister given that name. Cool!

What community is this if you don't mind me asking?

Catholicterp7

So two of my choices have stayed the same for a long time now. I know I'll submit Solanus Regina and Peter John Marie but I'm so undecided on the third one (if that's even how the community I end up entering does it). I love Leonie Amata or Amata Filia but if I had either of those there wouldn't be a feast day since Leonie isn't a Saint. I also really like Mary Emmanuel and Miria Rose. Miria is a variation of Miriam which is a form of Mary. I like that it honors the Blessed Mother in a very unique way. There's also a significant story in my discernment connected with the name Miria Rose. Long story short my vocation is represented by a rose bud and so the name Miria Rose is a reminder to myself that my vocation belongs to the Blessed Mother.  I also really like Gianna Therese and Sarah Marie. I have a special relationship with Sarah from the Old Testament in that she has helped me a lot in having to wait on God. 

JMJ+ :heart: 

So two of my choices have stayed the same for a long time now. I know I'll submit Solanus Regina and Peter John Marie but I'm so undecided on the third one (if that's even how the community I end up entering does it). I love Leonie Amata or Amata Filia but if I had either of those there wouldn't be a feast day since Leonie isn't a Saint. I also really like Mary Emmanuel and Miria Rose. Miria is a variation of Miriam which is a form of Mary. I like that it honors the Blessed Mother in a very unique way. There's also a significant story in my discernment connected with the name Miria Rose. Long story short my vocation is represented by a rose bud and so the name Miria Rose is a reminder to myself that my vocation belongs to the Blessed Mother.  I also really like Gianna Therese and Sarah Marie. I have a special relationship with Sarah from the Old Testament in that she has helped me a lot in having to wait on God. 

I met Sr. Amata Filia of the Sisters of Life this weekend.  I love her name -- "Beloved Daughter."  That's awesome!

I love Sr. Miriam Rose.  I might choose Sr. Miriam because I love that it's the Hebrew form of Mary and, since my community doesn't take 2 names (that I know of), I want to honor Mary above any other saint.  :)

Reading your post, I really like the name Emmanuel. I'll need to think about it outside the Advent and Christmas seasons though cause I may just be biased right now :hehe2:

I still like Sr. Andre (Sr. Mary Andre of ...), but I'm not fixed on it. I wouldn't mind if Mother picks a name for me.

Catholicterp7

I like Mary Emmanuel for a few reasons. I have a VERY strong devotion to the Eucharist and there have been more than a few really profound moments in regards to my discernment in Adoration. The other reason I really like it is because it was my Grandpa's name. He was a deacon and in a number of ways he has been an inspiration to me in living my vocation. 

:wall:

I don't watch TV! Or Disney. Don't judge! Matthew 7:1.

Maybe Beata Maria isn't the best idea after all. I wouldn't want all of the other sisters serenading me at all hours of the day. :harp:

Reminds me of someone I knew who wanted the name Sister Marie Noel.   REALLY wanted Sr. Marie Noel!   The sisters pointed out to her that if she ended up teaching, she'd have to deal with generations of kids calling her "Sister Merry Christmas"

They ended up calling her Sister Emma (for Emmanuel) Luz (light) of the Prince of Peace....  and gave her Christmas for her feast day!!!!!

Rather nicely done!!!!!

i<3franciscans

Reminds me of someone I knew who wanted the name Sister Marie Noel.   REALLY wanted Sr. Marie Noel!   The sisters pointed out to her that if she ended up teaching, she'd have to deal with generations of kids calling her "Sister Merry Christmas"

They ended up calling her Sister Emma (for Emmanuel) Luz (light) of the Prince of Peace....  and gave her Christmas for her feast day!!!!!

Rather nicely done!!!!!

Sr. Merry Christmas.  :hehe2:

It has a nice ring...

Katiebobatie94

Sr. Merry Christmas.  :hehe2:

It has a nice ring...

But I feel like I would love it if people called me Sr Merry Christmas. lolol

But I feel like I would love it if people called me Sr Merry Christmas. lolol

When I was Nursing we had a Ward Sister who's name was exactly that  -  Sister Mary Christmas!!!!

She didn't take too kindly to Student Nurses making light of it either.  :hehe2:  

Morpheus

Relig-O-Tron

Brother Morpheus Relig-O-Tron of the Eternal Warp Drive.

Edited by Winchester