An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Could Have Dinner With Any Four Saints...

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1322199068' post='2340271']
Oh, I'm not expecting her to be frowning in disapproval or anything. (Not that I invited Sts. Peter or Paul...)

It's more..I'd be worried about getting too nervous and dumping the soup in her lap or something. Even if she's not very intimidating, I'd be intimidated because...she's Jesus' MOM. I mean....yeah.

I know I'm just being very silly, and I would probably get over that more quickly in real life.
[/quote]

When the waiter/waitress/server needs divine intervention so as not to be nervous or dump soup in a customer's lap, does s/he call on Our Lady of Good Help? Or would that be Our Lady of Good Manners?

If you'd invite St. Martha to your dinner, she could do the serving.... even in the presence of Our Lady of Intimidation!

Mary's Margaret

MithLuin, you'd be safe since you're hosting and would be sitting at the table. I and the other servers would be the ones dumping soup in laps. And yes, I'd be praying to Our Lady of Good Service.

Haha, exactly! That's why I need help serving! :) Thanks.

Hmmm, now what to SERVE. I realize a lot of these saints were used to deprivation and such, but heaven is the marriage feast of the lamb, so I figure they can FEAST as much as they want, now. And as long as I serve something plain (like mashed potatoes or rice), they can always pass on the meat if they want to.