An Old School Catholic Message Board

Surprise Visit

MissScripture

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1315887638' post='2304091']
have fun at the NDs lilmon!! :wave:
[/quote]

I'm NOT going anywhere!

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1315887820' post='2304093']
Can someone please change lilmonsters name to little nunster???
[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT WOULD BE A DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1315887088' post='2304089']
I think the epithet "she who denied it, supplied it" is suitable here.
[/quote]
[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1315887638' post='2304091']
have fun at the NDs lilmon!! :wave:
[/quote]
[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1315887820' post='2304093']
Can someone please change lilmonsters name to little nunster???
[/quote]

rotfl

LOVE IT!

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315888566' post='2304096']not me[/quote]

That was me four years ago, little nunster...

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315796106' post='2303560']

yes you are :P

why am i posting here? in VS? I am not gonna be a nun...im gonna be hitched with loads of kids :|
[/quote]

That, too, is a vocation :)

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1315922098' post='2304187']

That was me four years ago, little nunster...
[/quote]
:covereyes:

My name is Lil' Monster......not little nunster....

u people are weird!

I am not gonna be a nun

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1315866851' post='2303940']
Thank-you for the excellent update--I'm SO pleased you got to see your Sister sister (and that she got to see Peanut's bump). I'd love more details if you have time some other time when you on a better computer. I'd love to hear what the novitiate at the ND's is like (although it's probably much too soon for your Sister Sister to really know the answer).

I, too, want to see pictures. I was hoping you'd have some of your own to post. Why haven't the ND's posted the pictures yet on their Web site ? Don't they realize we are all breathlessly waiting for them? What's the delay?

Your post, however, did answer one burning question, that is, "Are ND novices allowed to squeal?" Apparently the answer is "Yes," although I suspect that there would be circumstances where squealing would be frowned upon, such as during the consecration at Mass.

For some reason, I feel like your Sister sister has become an adopted Sister sister for Vocation Station. I hope she fully realizes the important responsibility that goes along with this incredible honor, namely, that we want LOTS of updates from her, passed along to you!
[/quote]
I actually thought of you when she told us this story about their drive to Y-Camp. They go for a day to a camp near Nashville for some outdoor fun. First, it's important to note, my sister used to go turkey hunting, and misses that a lot. So, on the trip to Y-Camp, in a car full of fellow novices, someone pointed out some wild turkeys on the side of the road, and my sister said she squealed so loud, she's pretty sure she damaged the hearing of everyone in the car. :hehe2:

On Saturday, we went to the Catholic bookstore in Nashville, just down the street from the Cathedral and just as my dad and I were leaving, Sr. Mary Angela, who is now the novice mistress, showed up, so we talked to her. My dad introduced himself, and from that she knew who I was, and was able to remember that I had just moved. I was pretty impressed with her memory. She also remembered I was a surprise. :smile2:

Oh, and Peanut didn't kick a whole lot through the visit, which was disappointing, because I wanted to see if she could feel the kicks (though probably not). But she was able to feel where Peanut was in my belly, because it would be harder than the rest of my belly. But Peanut started kicking when they started singing evening prayer, night prayer and morning prayer. So, I'm not sure if that means Peanut liked it, or didn't like it. :smile3: My friend, Sr. Anna Karol (another novice) said that it meant that Peanut wants to be an OP. She also informed me that Peanut will be a boy, because she has been praying for that, and God listens to her. :hehe: She wants Peanut to be a boy, so his name would be John Paul, and they would share a patron.

Oh, and we still haven't decided what to have Peanut call my sister. I asked her, and she said, "Oh...whatever works." LOL!

Oh, I forgot the part where my sister gave me her old chapel veil! She, of course, has the white veil, now. She said that there are 2 small holes in her chapel veil from her bobby pins (or hair grippers, for FaithCecelia ;) ) and so they told her to just throw hers away (they re-use them if they don't have holes), but she decided to give it to me instead, since you really can't even see the holes when you have it on. :dance:

We saw her in passing while we were there. :)

:hehe: The first time my parents went to the convent was the summer after my sister had been down there on a Nun Run. They were going to meet my (then future) in-laws, but I wasn't with, because I was in Florida. When they stopped at the convent and met with SME, she asked why they happened to be passing through and one of my parents (most likely my dad) said, "Oh, we're meeting our daughter's future in-laws." SME gave them a look like :blink: and asked, very confused, "Why are you HERE?" And then they remembered that I wasn't there, and explained they had another daughter. :hehe2:

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315796106' post='2303560']

yes you are :P

why am i posting here? in VS? I am not gonna be a nun...im gonna be hitched with loads of kids :|
[/quote]
[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315881420' post='2304042']

im not gonna be a nun

im still not gonna be a nun

:|
[/quote]
[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315884097' post='2304065']

get what? that im not gonna be a nun? lol
[/quote]
[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315884627' post='2304070']
nothing can persuade me :|
[/quote]
[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315886897' post='2304086']
still am not gonna be a nun
[/quote]
[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315887191' post='2304090']
i am not gonna be a nun :|
[/quote]
[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315888212' post='2304094']

I'm NOT going anywhere!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT WOULD BE A DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315888566' post='2304096']
not me
[/quote]
[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315964234' post='2304464']
:covereyes:

My name is Lil' Monster......not little nunster....

u people are weird!

I am not gonna be a nun
[/quote]

this thread isn't about you :|

LOL. I should have some this afternoon. My parents have been sending me pics. And I need to find the cords for my cameras.