An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Contact--Finally!

OnlySunshine

I am saying finally, not because of the vocations director getting back to me, but because I finally had the courage to keep the lines of communication open with her. So many times, God would send the VD my way or send someone to tell me to contact the Religious Sisters of Mercy and it would be at such a supposed inconvenient time for me that I would be like "Nevermind" and would email the VD back to tell her that I had moved on to another order or had stopped discerning altogether. Now, I seem ready to embrace that God is indeed showing me that I need to seek a little further what He has been showing me all along. I got the message during Adoration this weekend to be patient and trust in Him and He will deliver.

Well, indeed He has! I just got an email message from the VD tonight! She asked me a few questions about my discernment, so I have to pray and send the answers back to her. Please pray for me to be patient with God and give this beautiful order a chance for once. :)

Mary's Margaret

You don't know me, but I've been peeking into this site for a while now, and I am so pleased for you. I will, indeed, pray that God keeps your heart open and strong and always yearning for Him.

You are, as always, in my prayers. I hope your contact with this lovely order will help you with your discernment and bring you closer to God.

Thank you all for your prayers. I was able to get up the courage to write a very LONG email back to the VD and I answered all the questions she sent me. I did reveal that I have to be on medication for the rest of my life (most likely), so I am praying that my honesty will be rewarded and that I can still be considered.

I had a very long, personal chat with Jesus and His Blessed Mother last night. I feel so grateful for everything that has been given to me lately, especially the weekend retreat I went on at my parish. :)

That's wonderful that you've made contact with the RSMs, MM! Congratulations on having the courage to take that step. I'll be praying for you and your discernment with this wonderful order. Many posts here have commented on how this community is open to candidates with medication needs, so I pray that your case will be no different.

Stay close to Our Blessed Mother! She will lead you to her Son (as of course you know :) )

+Pax Christi
Sophia

Also, I don't have a photo hosting site so I'm not sure how I can upload photos onto the phorum...but there's a beautiful painting [url="http://thesacredarts.org/Website%20Images/JedGibbons_MariaMaterMisericordiae.jpg"]here[/url] entitled "Maria, Mater Misericordiae" that was commissioned by the RSMs of Alma. In the description of the painting, it says:

[i]“The charism given by the Holy Spirit to the venerable Catherine McAudley is the manifestation of the mercy of God in the Church. At the foot of the cross, the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma are established as a point of convergence for the mercy of God and the misery of man as they perform spiritual and corporal works of mercy for the poor, the sick, and the ignorant within the Mystical Body of Christ. Mother Catherine maintained that the charsim of the Religious Family of Mercy was encapsulated in devotion to the Passion of Christ where, from under the cross, she looks down the halls of time to see her vibrant Order of Sisters in various stages of formation, and how they continue to manifest the mercy of God, which is from generation unto generation.”[/i]

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before, but the cross that the Sisters wear does not have a corpus on it, because each Sister herself is supposed to be corpus - that point of connection between the mercy of God and the misery of humanity. So beautiful!!!

+Pax Christi
Sophia

Edited by sophia13

[quote name='sophia13' timestamp='1315950921' post='2304398']
That's wonderful that you've made contact with the RSMs, MM! Congratulations on having the courage to take that step. I'll be praying for you and your discernment with this wonderful order. Many posts here have commented on how this community is open to candidates with medication needs, so I pray that your case will be no different.

Stay close to Our Blessed Mother! She will lead you to her Son (as of course you know :) )

+Pax Christi
Sophia
[/quote]

I certainly do appreciate it, Sophia. Thank you so much! :)

[quote name='sophia13' timestamp='1315951271' post='2304404']
Also, I don't have a photo hosting site so I'm not sure how I can upload photos onto the phorum...but there's a beautiful painting [url="http://thesacredarts.org/Website%20Images/JedGibbons_MariaMaterMisericordiae.jpg"]here[/url] entitled "Maria, Mater Misericordiae" that was commissioned by the RSMs of Alma. In the description of the painting, it says:

[i]“The charism given by the Holy Spirit to the venerable Catherine McAudley is the manifestation of the mercy of God in the Church. At the foot of the cross, the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma are established as a point of convergence for the mercy of God and the misery of man as they perform spiritual and corporal works of mercy for the poor, the sick, and the ignorant within the Mystical Body of Christ. Mother Catherine maintained that the charsim of the Religious Family of Mercy was encapsulated in devotion to the Passion of Christ where, from under the cross, she looks down the halls of time to see her vibrant Order of Sisters in various stages of formation, and how they continue to manifest the mercy of God, which is from generation unto generation.”[/i]

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before, but the cross that the Sisters wear does not have a corpus on it, because each Sister herself is supposed to be corpus - that point of connection between the mercy of God and the misery of humanity. So beautiful!!!

+Pax Christi
Sophia
[/quote]

The one thing that got me the most was when I visited their website to read everything about them and found out that the Mercy in their name is for Our Lady of Mercy or Mother of Mercy. That just hit straight home for me. One of my most favorite hymns is Salve Regina and that's where my s/n came from. So, seeing that just was like a prayer for me. I knew I had to check them out.

Thank you for posting about the Maria Mater Misericordiae. That is incredibly beautiful about the cross, too. It sounds so very Carmelite. :)

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1315955183' post='2304417']
Prayers for you! It's so exciting that you heard back from them!!

This calls for the nun dance: :nun2:
[/quote]
[quote name='Blessed&Grateful' timestamp='1315957360' post='2304428']
Prayers and a Smile! I am so happy for you. Keep an open heart and Jesus will enter.
[/quote]
[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1315958992' post='2304446']
YAY that you heard back! That is so exciting! Prayers for you and your discernment.
[/quote]
[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1315960783' post='2304453']
:pray: :dance2: :pray: :dance3: :pray: :dance4: :pray: :amen:

(that's happy dancing, bee tee dubs)
[/quote]

I know, I feel like dancing, too!! :yahoo:

Edited by MaterMisericordiae