An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Contact--Finally!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315965771' post='2304473']
yayyyy im happy for you and prayers for ya :)

Why am I posting in VS, again??? me is not gonna be a nun lol
[/quote]

Thanks, LM. You know you want to come with me! LOL!

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1315966269' post='2304476']

Thanks, LM. You know you want to come with me! LOL!
[/quote]

Ur welcome :)

And I dont want to go with you to become a nun :|

I can be BAD influence!!!!!!!! lol

But I love you....

Edited by Lil'Monster

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1315955183' post='2304417']
Prayers for you! It's so exciting that you heard back from them!!

This calls for the nun dance: :nun2:
[/quote]

:nun3:

I second that!

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1315974785' post='2304509']
im still aint gonna be a nun but Im happy for you anyways! keep on doing that nun dance..it looks avvesome
[/quote]

Methinks she protesteth too much!

:hehe2: :hehe2: :hehe2: :hehe2: :hehe2:

Apparently, the VD responded to my long email last night, but I didn't get it until this morning for some reason. Fortunately, it was totally in my favor and she asked me to speak to my pastor about my continued discernment and see if he might know of a way to help pay for my transportation costs so I can go on retreat with them very soon. We do have the Knights of Columbus in our parish, but I don't know if they help out with vocations. It's worth a try, I suppose. I may have to set up another meeting with him or catch him after Mass tomorrow.

She also wants to talk on the phone, which I mentioned I wanted to do. I have a few questions that have sparked my curiosity. :)

Please pray for me to find a way to make it up to Alma! I really want to make a vocation retreat before the year is out!

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316011692' post='2304576']
Apparently, the VD responded to my long email last night, but I didn't get it until this morning for some reason. Fortunately, it was totally in my favor and she asked me to speak to my pastor about my continued discernment and see if he might know of a way to help pay for my transportation costs so I can go on retreat with them very soon. We do have the Knights of Columbus in our parish, but I don't know if they help out with vocations. It's worth a try, I suppose. I may have to set up another meeting with him or catch him after Mass tomorrow.

She also wants to talk on the phone, which I mentioned I wanted to do. I have a few questions that have sparked my curiosity. :)

Please pray for me to find a way to make it up to Alma! I really want to make a vocation retreat before the year is out!
[/quote]

Prayers! And the Knights are definitely worth a shot! Woot! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1316012246' post='2304577']
I am praying for you. This is so exciting!
[/quote]

Thank you for your prayers! :)

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1316012375' post='2304578']

Prayers! And the Knights are definitely worth a shot! Woot! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Thank you! :woot:

[quote name='sophia13' timestamp='1315951271' post='2304404']
Also, I don't have a photo hosting site so I'm not sure how I can upload photos onto the phorum...but there's a beautiful painting [url="http://thesacredarts.org/Website%20Images/JedGibbons_MariaMaterMisericordiae.jpg"]here[/url] entitled "Maria, Mater Misericordiae" that was commissioned by the RSMs of Alma.[/quote]

Right click on the photo. A new box will open up. Click on "View Image Info" . A new box will open and the address of the image will be highlighted inside that box. Right click on that address and then click copy. You will then have copied the Internet address to that image.

When you click in the text box to post on the forum a number of buttons appear at the top of the text box. There is a little blue square with a green square inside of it and that is the button for posting images. If you hover the mouse over it, it will say "Image". Click on that button and a new box opens. Right click in the smaller box under "URL" and then click "Paste". Then click "OK". Your image will appear in your post. If you don't like where it appears in your post. Select the image by clicking on it and then put the mouse over the image and hold the left button down. This will allow you to move the image where you want in your post just by moving the mouse.

[img]http://thesacredarts.org/Website%20Images/JedGibbons_MariaMaterMisericordiae.jpg[/img]

Edited by Lumiere

Do contact your Knights of Columbus. I know the ones at my parish have helped people out in the past with stuff like that. Continuing prayers for you.

PRAISED BE JESUS CHRIST!

I cannot believe all that has transpired in the last few minutes. My friend, T., just wrote me and said that she wanted to pay for my plane ticket to visit the Sisters! :woot:

I am so speechless that I am having trouble thinking! Wow, please keep her in your prayers. She offered to pay in March, but, at the time, I was still unsure of which order I wanted to visit first. Plus, I was a little too proud to accept her help. Now, I've been praying and realizing I need to humble myself in order to afford the way. God answers prayers quickly if you trust in Him! I definitely see His hand in all of this. :)

I must get in touch with the VD again to tell her of the good news. :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae