An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Contact--Finally!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1316406032' post='2306660']
Talking to Sr MM this week!!!! (VD of the FSPs)!!!!
[/quote]

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :woot:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316398487' post='2306575']

I am very excited! :)

My friend will be entering the Benedictine Sisters of Our Lady of Grace and Compassion in Brighton. I looked them up and they are a beautiful order! She is already a nurse with many years of experience, so she should be able to go straight into the apostolate when her early years of formation are finished. :)
[/quote]

Oh they do look lovely! Work with the elderly is a lovely extension of the Benedictine charism of hospitality. They are very near me too, maybe I will go for a nosey before I go to NH!

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1316416976' post='2306740']

Oh they do look lovely! Work with the elderly is a lovely extension of the Benedictine charism of hospitality. They are very near me too, maybe I will go for a nosey before I go to NH!
[/quote]

That'd be really neat! My friend will be really easy to spot. She will be the postulant with gray hair (she's a later vocation though she heard the call when she was 11). :)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316419463' post='2306749']

That'd be really neat! My friend will be really easy to spot. She will be the postulant with gray hair (she's a later vocation though she heard the call when she was 11). :)
[/quote]

I'll let you know if I do, I have been thinking of going to Brighton for a day anyway, and you could email me a note to pass to her if you like?

Anyway, I am so pleased your plans seem to be getting sorted and I really do think that this visit will do you a lot of good and help you to focus, whether or not it ends up being the right place for you. Im praying! :pray:

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1316419741' post='2306751']

I'll let you know if I do, I have been thinking of going to Brighton for a day anyway, and you could email me a note to pass to her if you like?

Anyway, I am so pleased your plans seem to be getting sorted and I really do think that this visit will do you a lot of good and help you to focus, whether or not it ends up being the right place for you. Im praying! :pray:
[/quote]

If you go, definitely let me know. I'm excited for her! Whenever she talks about the order, her face lights up and just radiates pure joy. My mom and I bought her a card and I am going to go to the Catholic store here to see if I can find her a little something to take with her, like a book of prayers or something. (I also have to buy a card for my priest since his birthday is Tuesday!) :)

I realized, tonight, that this will be my first vocation retreat in almost 2 years! I haven't been on one since I went to see the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal in January 2010. I can't believe it's been that long. Needless to say, I'm excited to hear what the Holy Spirit has to reveal on my trip. I can't wait! I just purchased my plane ticket a few minutes ago because I had to wait for the donated money to be transferred from my PayPal account to my bank and it finally came in this morning. :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316423464' post='2306767']

If you go, definitely let me know. I'm excited for her! Whenever she talks about the order, her face lights up and just radiates pure joy. My mom and I bought her a card and I am going to go to the Catholic store here to see if I can find her a little something to take with her, like a book of prayers or something. (I also have to buy a card for my priest since his birthday is Tuesday!) :)

I realized, tonight, that this will be my first vocation retreat in almost 2 years! I haven't been on one since I went to see the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal in January 2010. I can't believe it's been that long. Needless to say, I'm excited to hear what the Holy Spirit has to reveal on my trip. I can't wait! I just purchased my plane ticket a few minutes ago because I had to wait for the donated money to be transferred from my PayPal account to my bank and it finally came in this morning. :)
[/quote]
:clap: :nunpray:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316398487' post='2306575']

My friend will be entering the Benedictine Sisters of Our Lady of Grace and Compassion in Brighton. I looked them up and they are a beautiful order! She is already a nurse with many years of experience, so she should be able to go straight into the apostolate when her early years of formation are finished. :)
[/quote]

Do you have a website for them? I am meeting with my SD next week to discuss my vocation visits in the New Year in the UK, and I would like to visit several different communities while I am there - but I have never heard of these nuns. I am working in elder care right now (and did for many years as a nurse), and if they do this, then perhaps they might be worth looking into. I need to check them out first though and contact them before I make all my travel plans.

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1316423862' post='2306772']

Do you have a website for them? I am meeting with my SD next week to discuss my vocation visits in the New Year in the UK, and I would like to visit several different communities while I am there - but I have never heard of these nuns. I am working in elder care right now (and did for many years as a nurse), and if they do this, then perhaps they might be worth looking into. I need to check them out first though and contact them before I make all my travel plans.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.graceandcompassionbenedictines.org.uk/index.htm"]http://www.graceandcompassionbenedictines.org.uk/index.htm[/url]

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1316423862' post='2306772']

[/quote]
[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1316423938' post='2306773']

[url="http://www.graceandcompassionbenedictines.org.uk/index.htm"]http://www.graceandc...rg.uk/index.htm[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for posting the link on my behalf, faith. :)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316426479' post='2306786']

[/quote]

I still had the page open :hehe2:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316426479' post='2306786']

[/quote]

They seem really nice. If I have time when I'm in the UK, I would like to stop by and visit them. I am focussing on cloistered life, but since I am working with the elderly now, it seems nice to visit those communities that offer this as part of their charism.

I am more attracted than ever to the traditional cloistered Benedictine life these days, having been researching it for the past eight months. My SD and I are taking our time about discernment though -- to let the Holy Spirit guide us together. It has similarities to the Carmelite life, but also a lot of differences so there is a lot to learn.

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1316426898' post='2306789']

They seem really nice. If I have time when I'm in the UK, I would like to stop by and visit them. I am focussing on cloistered life, but since I am working with the elderly now, it seems nice to visit those communities that offer this as part of their charism.

I am more attracted than ever to the traditional cloistered Benedictine life these days, having been researching it for the past eight months. My SD and I are taking our time about discernment though -- to let the Holy Spirit guide us together. It has similarities to the Carmelite life, but also a lot of differences so there is a lot to learn.
[/quote]

Prayers for you MM and you too Nunsense!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1316439656' post='2306931']

Prayers for you MM and you too Nunsense!
[/quote]

Thanks HB.... never knock back some prayers! :)