An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Sisters Of Mercy In Alma, Mi

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1317709740' post='2315034']

Okay, I hope this doesn't get labeled as spam, lol -- but I have to say, I have this coat [url="http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/61708?page=baxter-state-parka"]LL Bean's Baxter State Parka[/url] .. and it isso so[i] sooo incredibly warm!![/i] Almost too warm at times! But usually not! I'm not afraid of [i]any[/i] weather now!! I will [i]never[/i] miss Mass!!!! :pray: Never! And I walk and take public transport :like:
[/quote]

It does look like a nice coat (-45 degrees is impressive) but I, unfortunately cannot afford $200. My Nana is only giving me $100 because I told her I had found several for below $100. :blush:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1317710355' post='2315038']

It does look like a nice coat (-45 degrees is impressive) but I, unfortunately cannot afford $200. My Nana is only giving me $100 because I told her I had found several for below $100. :blush:
[/quote]

Awww, okay .. Yes, it is pretty expensive. I'm sure you'll find another coat just as warm, especially if it's a down parka. I do love wool coats too (much prettier and old fashioned) but I never find them warm enough. I'm the type that gets cold easily :cold:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1317711533' post='2315042']

Awww, okay .. Yes, it is pretty expensive. I'm sure you'll find another coat just as warm, especially if it's a down parka. I do love wool coats too (much prettier and old fashioned) but I never find them warm enough. I'm the type that gets cold easily :cold:
[/quote]

If I had the money, I'd go for it, because anything by LL Bean lasts a LONG time! My mom bought my sister and I some bookbags there when we were in junior high but I decided I wanted to go for something less clunky and I have Jansport now.

As for the coats, I have been doing tons of research tonight and found these options that I am going to look for at Burlington Coat Factory tomorrow:

[url="http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Section_Id=47876&pcount=&pn=2&Product_Id=2932641&sku1=c_s1_83408386"]Box Quilted Puffer Coat with Hood[/url]

[url="http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Section_Id=47876&pcount=&pn=2&Product_Id=2932651&sku1=c_s1_83407853"]Puffer Jacket with Faux Fur Trim with hood[/url]

[url="http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Section_Id=47876&pcount=&pn=9&Product_Id=3104747&sku1=c_s1_83354689"]Chevron Puffer Jacket With Hood[/url]

[url="http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Section_Id=47876&pcount=&pn=10&Product_Id=2279036&sku1=c_s1_82637718"]Color Block Chevron Jacket with Hood[/url]

All of them are down filled and I like that they all come in black, which is the color I want. :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Mary's Margaret

I know this isn't a poll, but....I'd vote for the first one. It's longer which is a definitely plus. I'll be saying a prayer of thanksgiving for your Nana's loving generosity. May she be mightily blessed.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1317730267' post='2315104']
I know this isn't a poll, but....I'd vote for the first one. It's longer which is a definitely plus. I'll be saying a prayer of thanksgiving for your Nana's loving generosity. May she be mightily blessed.
[/quote]

Yeah, me too. I noticed the difference in length and I figured that would be warmer. Thanks for your prayers! My Nana can certainly need them as she is taking care of my grandfather who just had major surgery. :)

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316971284' post='2309781']

How much did it cost for the KofC DVD? Was it free? I can't find a price for it. I'd love to have it to show my mom so it can help her understand the vocation to religious life even more than she does now (I've been working on clarifying things for her). I have also seen Completely Christ's. I rented it when I had a Netflix subscription. It was beautiful! :)

[/quote]

I got it for free at a diocesan retreat! It's now in a drawer in my room. :ninja: I'm sure you could write to the diocese of Metuchen...the director of vocations is very nice. :)

Another great place to look for cheap outerwear is[url="http://www.sierratradingpost.com/?afsrc=1&gclid=CIT01_TWz6sCFRRSgwodD3eOYg&codes-processed=true"] Sierra Trading[/url]. Click the Bargain Barn. Sierra Trading has high-quality brand-name clothes at outlet prices.

OnlySunshine

I've been looking online for Burlington Coat Factory coupons to print out and I found one for 20% of a single item in-store. The trouble is that our annoying desktop won't work because the hard drive needs to be cleaned, so I cannot print it out on our desktop. I emailed my mom to see if she could print it at work. :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='mme_hardy' timestamp='1317753735' post='2315273']
Another great place to look for cheap outerwear is[url="http://www.sierratradingpost.com/?afsrc=1&gclid=CIT01_TWz6sCFRRSgwodD3eOYg&codes-processed=true"] Sierra Trading[/url]. Click the Bargain Barn. Sierra Trading has high-quality brand-name clothes at outlet prices.
[/quote]

Thanks for the idea, however, I need plus-size outerwear because I have a pear shape (big hips). ;)

ETA: The great thing is that I found some waterproof snow mitts for $9.95! That's the cheapest I've seen! :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1317767933' post='2315369']
:bounce: So did you find a coat?
[/quote]

:hehe2:

I actually haven't gone to Burlington Coat Factory yet because I couldn't print out a coupon so I had my mom do it and by the time she came home, I decided to wait until tomorrow to go. I had CRHP tonight, so I wanted to rest up beforehand.

I'll let you know if I find anything tomorrow! ;)

faithcecelia

Oooh I envy you your new coat! I have my beautiful pure wool bright red coat hanging on my wardrobe door ready to hand it on to a friend, and I am grieving :hehe2: Sadly, its too small now, regardless of the fact that red is hardly a Carmelite colour. I hope you find something suitable, a good coat is a wonderful investment and will last years.

OnlySunshine

Well, I found a coat! I went to Burlington Coat Factory and they had racks and racks of coats. I went and took a look in my size and found several puffer coats. I tried 3 on. One was out of the picture because it was DKNY and was over $100. One was nice and was $50 but I looked at the tag and it was not downfill, but polyfill, so no go on that either (though I was close to buying it before calling my mom on the phone to ask her opinion). I ended up getting a coat made by Zero Xposur and it is black in color with a nice hood and faux fur trim. It is so comfy, too. I had to get a size smaller than my clothing size because it appeared too bulky in the larger size. I am very happy with it. It is 50% down and 50% feathers in the filling, so it should be very warm. The material that it is made out of is very silky and I love the sleeves. They have hidden rib knit cuffs inside so that your arm is more protected from the cold. It even has warmer pockets on the side and a hidden pocket for keys on the inside. This is a picture of it (the black one):

[url="http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/IWCatProductPage.process?&Product_Id=2397885"]Zero Xposur Down Filled Puffer Coat with Side Straps[/url]

While I was there, I got a new black acrylic scarf for $5.99. I took the coat and scarf to the register and handed the clerk my 20% reward certificate. The total came out to $68.99 plus tax. I got an amesome deal and I'm so glad I printed the coupon out. The coat is made VERY well (I checked it over for imperfections before I bought it) and should last me a VERY long time. I got it in black, not only because of the warmth, but because that's the color that the RSMs wear so I was thinking that if I get to the point were I go up there permanently (God-willing), I won't have to buy a new coat unless I lose or gain weight. ;)

Now, all that's left is getting a beanie hat (which I think I might have), waterproof gloves, and winter boots. My mom has already said that she is going to help me buy the boots. I plan to get these unless I find something better:

[url="http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb/Product.bos?assortmentId=12&itemNumber=55439&type=Product&assortmentDepartmentNumber=4035000"]Judith Sport Snowflake Boots[/url]

Everyday that it gets closer to going up there, I get more and more happy and excited. :woot:

Mary's Margaret

Well done! The coat looks great...and such a deal! Can't wait to see how it fits over your habit :photo: Post a picture when that day comes!