An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Sisters Of Mercy In Alma, Mi

OnlySunshine

[quote name='regina_coeli' timestamp='1318292973' post='2319417']
One step closer!
[/quote]

Yes, indeed! Only 1 month left to go as of tomorrow! :woot:

Just 28 days until the retreat! :woot:

Plus, I found a long black skirt at an outlet store for $5.99 yesterday! :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1318632707' post='2321358']
:bounce: Yays!
[/quote]
[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1318635999' post='2321375']
I'm really impressed with your bargain shopping! Way to go :clap:
[/quote]

Thanks!

To top off the good news, I cleaned out my closet, which has been needing a good cleaning, and went through the clothes in it. Little did I expect to find a jean jumper in there that I had totally forgotten about! I thought I had gotten rid of it long ago because the length was not where I like it, but I will live with it. I have two jean jumpers now. So I'm bringing these to Michigan with me:

My favorite denim jumper with top stitching (I wear it to Church often)
The newly found light denim jumper
My new long black skirt
My old long brown skirt

I love stuff that is versatile -- that you can match with everything. :)

Not only are you a bargain shopper, you're now a style maven!!!

I wish I could get my you know what in gear and tackle my closet. My husband is out of the country for 3 weeks, so I've started to tackle some odd jobs around the house (painting, regrouting tile, etc.), but I just can't get motivated to do my closet. If I do, I just know I'll find lots of stuff I didn't even know was hiding in there. Hopefully I won't find anything with tags still on, but that's a possibility.

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1318639146' post='2321399']
Not only are you a bargain shopper, you're now a style maven!!!

I wish I could get my you know what in gear and tackle my closet. My husband is out of the country for 3 weeks, so I've started to tackle some odd jobs around the house (painting, regrouting tile, etc.), but I just can't get motivated to do my closet. If I do, I just know I'll find lots of stuff I didn't even know was hiding in there. Hopefully I won't find anything with tags still on, but that's a possibility.
[/quote]

Hun, ya don't want my help. It took me a year and half AFTER I quit my job to remove all the nursing scrubs from my closet and post them on eBay. I'm still not done either because the corners of my closet and the shelf above are still a mess and I need to sort through them.

I hate finding things that I put in there and forgot about, only to realize that I never wore them in the first place. I found some scrub bottoms (3 actually) that still had the tags on them. One pair I bought a week or two before I left my job. The other two were the wrong style (low rise, which I hate) and I meant to take them back, but never did. I also found a knit sweater from 2 Christmases ago with the tag still on it. I believe my aunt got it for me and I meant to ask for the receipt so I could exchange it since I didn't particularly care for the way it fit me, but, again, I put it in my closet and forgot about it. My mom used to joke when I couldn't find things that I had a "black hole" in my room. Now I know what she means. :|

My next chore is to take all the clothes I don't want from my clean-out to Goodwill. Since I have such a small room, I put the clothes on hangers and hung them on the rack by the dryer in the garage. I also have a box that is filled with stuff I don't want like old movies on VHS, books, and other stuff. I am going to put them in the trunk of my car before Tuesday comes since I pass by Goodwill on my way home from school. Hopefully, it will help me remember to drop them off.

Just 25 days left until my visit! :woot:

My mom bought me some boots this weekend and I wore them to Sunday Mass and they are SO comfortable! I can't wait to wear them in Michigan!

Well, everything I need is purchased, except for some black leggings and I also need to make a doctor visit somewhere for an asthma inhaler. I am so excited that the visit is only 18 days away! :woot:

Mater, I am praying for you as your visit with the RSMs approaches! I experienced such a blessed and grace-filled visit with them a few weekends ago...they truly are a beautiful community, and so deeply rooted in the heart of the Church. I hope that the weather isn't too cold. You seem like you've got everything you need to handle Michigan, though!

Also, re: your profile pic...did you know that Venerable Catherine McCauley (foundress of the Sisters of Mercy) had a special devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus? The sisters have a statue of the Sacred Heart in the entrance to Our Lady of Grace, where their main chapel and conference center is. Just thought that was a razzle dazzle connection :)

~Sophia

[quote name='sophia13' timestamp='1319913324' post='2328651']
Mater, I am praying for you as your visit with the RSMs approaches! I experienced such a blessed and grace-filled visit with them a few weekends ago...they truly are a beautiful community, and so deeply rooted in the heart of the Church. I hope that the weather isn't too cold. You seem like you've got everything you need to handle Michigan, though!

Also, re: your profile pic...did you know that Venerable Catherine McCauley (foundress of the Sisters of Mercy) had a special devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus? The sisters have a statue of the Sacred Heart in the entrance to Our Lady of Grace, where their main chapel and conference center is. Just thought that was a razzle dazzle connection :)

~Sophia
[/quote]

I love Our Lady of Grace (aka Immaculate Conception). And I had a devotion to the Sacred Heart at the beginning of my discernment (I mostly stick with Divine Mercy, now). That is really neat. I wonder if this is God giving me little winks. We will soon see!

I am so glad you had a wonderful time with them! I have everything I need -- down coat, fleece gloves, fleece headband, Cuddl Duds. My mom just bought some black leggings for me at Wal-Mart, so I have everything in the way of supplies.

Just 13 days left!!!!! :woot:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1319928187' post='2328734']

I love Our Lady of Grace (aka Immaculate Conception). And I had a devotion to the Sacred Heart at the beginning of my discernment (I mostly stick with Divine Mercy, now). That is really neat. I wonder if this is God giving me little winks. We will soon see!

I am so glad you had a wonderful time with them! I have everything I need -- down coat, fleece gloves, fleece headband, Cuddl Duds. My mom just bought some black leggings for me at Wal-Mart, so I have everything in the way of supplies.

Just 13 days left!!!!! :woot:
[/quote]

Sweet!!! :woot: