An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Sisters Of Mercy In Alma, Mi

OnlySunshine

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1320264673' post='2330404']
Aw, MM, I won't be here to hear how things went! Know that I'll be praying extra hard for you!
[/quote]

Well, you belong in the convent with your Sisters! Thank you very much for your prayers! I'll be praying hard for your upcoming entrance into the postulancy! :woot:

I just heard from the Vocation Director by email! I was so happy to see her name in my inbox! She was asking for contact information for my cell phone so she could call me if there was any delay. 8 1/2 days!!!! YAY!!!!

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1320277250' post='2330505']
I do hope I get to read your account before I head to NH on the 15th!
[/quote]

I hope I'm not too tired to post when I come home! What time do you leave for NH? That's a school day, too. Hmmmm... :think:

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1320281735' post='2330546']
I leave 8am, so if you are too tired when you return I will need to practise patience!
[/quote]

Oh, dear! I must really try to post when I come home. I'm sure I'm going to be tired because my plane departs Flint at 12:34pm. I have a 4 hour layover and don't get to my home airport until 7:43pm. It also takes a while to get home from the airport. :unsure:

On the more positive note, I am so excited to be flying next week! I haven't taken a plane trip since I went with my mom to LA in July before my birthday. (I may be going back with her in January for another follow-up appointment! :woot: ).

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1320282448' post='2330553']
Ha ha, I have only ever flown twice in my life, to Rome and back, in 2005!
[/quote]

I don't know why I love flying so much. It wears me out, but it's so exciting! It was a little crazy being on a plane for 6 hours to Los Angeles (I started feeling a little claustrophobic and stir-crazy after a while), but I love it. I always look forward to my next plane trip! I'm really hoping to go to LA again in January. It all depends if I am not in school then or if I don't have any tests. I am also saving up reward credits in case I want to return to Alma after this visit for another retreat or ::cough:: entrance (God-willing). I have almost enough (will be enough after this trip) for a one way flight! ;)

Mater if you have a computer with you check to see if the airport has free WiFi. I know many airports are starting to offer it. Then you could post during your layover!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1320285312' post='2330591']
Mater if you have a computer with you check to see if the airport has free WiFi. I know many airports are starting to offer it. Then you could post during your layover!
[/quote]

This is a great idea. I have done it before myself but forgot. I was wondering what to do when I go to the UK and my Australian mobile connection doesn't work.... but I could check emails at the airport coming and going. Thanks for reminding me. I don't care about not having the Internet while I am in the monastery, but I did want to check emails from family and friends at some pointin the trip, so this will work!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1320285506' post='2330594']
why is everyone going to Michigan without even visiting me?

:sad:

:|
[/quote]

You have too many chickens. :P

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1320285649' post='2330595']

You have too many chickens. :P
[/quote]

I do not. Maybe 25 at the most.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1320286582' post='2330604']

I do not. Maybe 25 at the most.

[/quote]

That's probably about 20 too many..... :)