An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Sisters Of Mercy In Alma, Mi

OnlySunshine

I am so pleased to hear it went well. It is very, very sensible to take time to ponder. I will be praying for you extraspecially while I am at NH this next month x

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1321296005' post='2336230']
I am not back home yet. I am on the plane right now to the connecting airport. I won't be home until later this evening. This much I will tell you -- it went VERY well. The retreat was amesome and the Sisters are so joyful. I felt like I was amongst friends. Their liturgy and prayers were very reverent and they have such a love for Jesus. I was sad to leave. The other retreatants were such sweet young women. One is definitely applying. I'm going home and waiting awhile to make sure the peace remains. This is the express advice of the assistant postulant director. I'm keeping in contact for awhile and then, if I receive permission, I will send in my letter requesting entrance. This is th first community I truly felt at home in. The CFRs are wonderful but I know God is not calling me there. So please keep me in your prayers!!! :love:
[/quote]

You are most definitely in my prayers, MM!! I'm so happy to hear that the retreat was a good experience for you. Have a safe trip home! :dance:

IamMyBeloveds
:clapping: First of...that's wonderful news! Glad it went so well!

Secondly, I'm so proud of you! You are giving us all a good example of being patient in discernment, of taking time to just be with God during and after retreat to listen to AND follow His will. :buddies: You are amesome, MM. Thanks for your prayers. Our prayers were with you too!

Thank you all for your prayers. I have made it home safely and I already wish I was back in Michigan with the Sisters. When I was talking with my mom on the way home from the airport, I almost called them "our" Sisters when I was explaining something about the community. I guess I heard the Vocation Director say it so much that it rubbed off on me! :hehe2:

Anyway, I don't want to share too much about the retreat. It's very personal about my feelings and emotions during the whole process, so I just simply ask that you continue to pray for me. I am so glad that I signed up for a Holy Hour last Sunday because I'm going to need it. I am also going to try really hard to find a job so that I can afford another trip up to Michigan if all this works out. I need a job anyway. The assistant postulant director asked me to try to find something to do other than Church ministry. The Sisters like to see that someone is serious about being self-sufficient because they are assigned missions in their 2nd novitiate year. I also need to save up money to have my physical done. Only a physical and a psychological screening are required by the community. I was told that the psychological screening is not a determining factor in whether or not a candidate can enter. It is simply a tool to make the community aware of any problems so there are no surprises. :)

I seriously miss the Sisters already. If anyone is even remotely interested in the RSMs, GO VISIT! You cannot go wrong with this community. Even if you are not called there, they give excellent advice. :)

she_who_is_not

Mater,
I am so happy for you. May God continue to bless you and I will continue to pray for you and for the sisters.

Oh Mater this is wonderful news!!! I was praying for you over the weekend and I'm glad to hear things went so well with the Sisters.

Dear MM,
I will continue praying for your continuing discernment with the Sisters and that you would find job. I don't know what you're looking to do, but many of the department stores are hiring right now for the holidays, and some of them indicate the jobs would not be just seasonal, but that they would be hired permanently in 2012. In this very competitive job market, it might be something to look into. A friend of a friend did the same thing last year, and now she's managing an entire department (sales, employees, etc.) and loving it.
We'll respect your desire for privacy re: the retreat. And I think we all know when you're ready (if you're ever ready) to share, you will. So I hereby designate this as a "bug-free" zone :rules:

Edited by Francis Clare

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1321366236' post='2336509']
Dear MM,
I will continue praying for your continuing discernment with the Sisters and that you would find job. I don't know what you're looking to do, but many of the department stores are hiring right now for the holidays, and some of them indicate the jobs would not be just seasonal, but that they would be hired permanently in 2012. In this very competitive job market, it might be something to look into. A friend of a friend did the same thing last year, and now she's managing an entire department (sales, employees, etc.) and loving it.
We'll respect your desire for privacy re: the retreat. And I think we all know when you're ready (if you're ever ready) to share, you will. So I hereby designate this as a "bug-free" zone :rules:
[/quote]

Thank you, Francis Clare, for your suggestion and your prayers. I woke up this morning wishing I was back in Michigan. I know it's going to be a difficult time to wait, but if I want to practice obedience, I need to follow the advice of the Assistant Postulant Director. I'm going to try to get in touch with the Postulant Director and develop a relationship with the community so that when I feel it is time (and so does the community), I will know them better and they will know me. Everything I have had a desire for by God has been found in the RSMs. I adore them so much. :love:

Also, please pray for my new friend who just sent her letter in requesting entrance in August 2012!!! I hope, if it is God's will, we will enter together!!! :woot:

Mater I lit a candle today for you in thanksgiving for a wonderful retreat and for your continuing discernment. I'm sure Momma Mary is leading you and holding you close to her heart.

Also August 2012 does have a nice ring to it....

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1321380220' post='2336574']
Okay, so do I detect a little hint here?! :turban: Does my crystal ball say August 2012? That has a nice ring to it
[/quote]
[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1321399943' post='2336663']
Mater I lit a candle today for you in thanksgiving for a wonderful retreat and for your continuing discernment. I'm sure Momma Mary is leading you and holding you close to her heart.

Also August 2012 does have a nice ring to it....
[/quote]

That's not for me to say. That's up to God, although, I am going to try very hard to do what I can! ;)

You have my earnest prayers that the desire of your heart will be fulfilled! I'm so happy everything went so well for you, MM! The RSMs are a wonderful community, and if God is calling you there, you truly would make a beautiful addition to their religious family. Be assured of my continued prayers as you discern with them!