An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fastest-growing Congregations

photosynthesis

FaustinaVianney

From what I read at least of the women's..Dominicans are getting a huge handful of the vocations. All Dominicans even the cloisters are filling up. Now, cloisters are not as numerous as the Sisters, but they are still filling up for them.

• 3 weeks later...

JMJ
5/16 - Sixth Sunday of Easter

The [url="http://www.fathersofmercy.com"]Fathers of Mercy[/url] are the fastest-growing order for men per capita. They have forty priests (thereabouts) and ten seminarians, with a few novices, I think.

the sisters i'm entering have grown from 4 to 45 in 7 years. I don't really know of ne others though

Legionaries of Christ and Fathers of Mercy ... and I think the LOC has many many more seminarians and brothers than priests because the seminary formation period is 12 to 14 yrs.

[quote name='FaustinaVianney' date='Apr 30 2004, 07:41 AM'] From what I read at least of the women's..Dominicans are getting a huge handful of the vocations. All Dominicans even the cloisters are filling up. Now, cloisters are not as numerous as the Sisters, but they are still filling up for them. [/quote]
Last I heard the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia in Nashville, TN were the fastest growing women's order...as for the men...I've heard rumors, but can't say anything.

Edited by qfnol31

• 1 year later...

Thy Kingdom Come!
Tuesday of the Fifteenth Week in Ordinary Time

The order I will be joining in a few years, The Legion of Christ, founded by Fr. Marciel Maciel is the greatest success story in the church today. (For men)

Fr. Marciel began at the age of 16 and his order then was himself and 4 or 5 other seminarians. Today, over fifty plus years later, they number nearly 700 priests, and over 2,500 seminarians.

What do u ask is the mission of hte Legion?

To ordain Holy Priests! Meaning that is where God is calling people to be ordained holy priests! Please say a prayer for me as I will be entering this order.

[i]Yours in the Christ, [/i]

Eddie Lee

the CFR's are one of the fastest growing mens orders.

The male dominicans are doing well.

In our diocese diocesan seminarians are prolly the fastest though. There are like 4 or 5 new ones this year alone and we have a small diocese.

It seems to be anything that is rock solid, adheres to tradition, and emphasizes prayer and dedication is doing rather well, while the orders that tried to become more secularized are failing.

daugher-of-Mary

Like jezic said, the ones that are orthodox are growing. Thankfully, there are also a growing number of orthodox orders in the US! Off the top of my head, women's orders...
Sisters of Life
TORs
Dominicans (Nashville, Anne Arbor)
Carmelites (Divine Heart of Jesus and cloisters)
Poor Clares (especially Alabama! goodness!)
Franciscan Sisters of the Martyr St. George
a lot of cloistered orders are growing, though the number of Sisters per house is generally limited

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

[quote name='M.SIGGA' date='May 19 2004, 01:51 AM']Legionaries of Christ and Fathers of Mercy ...  and I think the LOC has many many more seminarians and brothers than priests because the seminary formation period is 12 to 14 yrs.
[/quote]

I agree, LOC are growing Fast! They are expanding a ton. I know a lot of them. They are so cool!

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

[quote name='the_rev' date='Jul 12 2005, 10:38 AM']
The order I will be joining in a few years, The Legion of Christ, founded by Fr. Marciel Maciel is the greatest success story in the church today.  (For men) [/quote]

Rev, your going to become A legionare! Congrats, your soo lucky. Their formation is prime as you may know! oh that's great news!!

MilesChristi

Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary in Nebraska, run by the FSSP, is full to overflowing and there is a waiting list to get in. :)

dude that is awesome

Continuing my campaign to pray for one million vocations ....... then tomorrow, one million more ;)