An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entering The Convent, The Orthodox Way

marigold

[quote name='Clareni' timestamp='1336000490' post='2426247']
All the best Marigold. You have given us all so much and I feel blessed to have learned
from your wisdom. I will always remember you, and pray for you, and ask your prayers for all
of us.

I do not know what else to say except to wonder that someone I have never known
and will never meet has shown me so powerfully the transforming power of God's love.

May the holy Theotokos protect you, and your sisters, always.
[/quote]

Woah, high words Clareni! I've learned A LOT from being on here too. I'm so happy to have made genuine friends, when I only 'signed up' in order to be able to butt in on the conversations I had been lurking on!

All the very best to you - my private messages thingy is playing up, so I got your message but can't seem to send a reply. Of course I will pray for you and your endeavours. Thank you for your prayers for the sisters. We need them, so keep them coming!

Trying hard not to use an emoticon...

:viking:

maximillion

I think it is high time someone changed your status........you are an almost ( by a whisker) an Orthodox Religious, and certainly no longer a PM Alien!!!!!

I was going to send a private message, as I know the next couple of days you may not have time to be on PhVS much....

It has been a privilege and an honour. I will think of you and pray for you often and only hope that you can spare me the odd prayer.
Be very contented - it is deserved.
Be very Blessed - I am certain He will bless you in your walk towards total consecration to Him.
Many many hugs, and many many thanks for sharing your journey.

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1336070304' post='2426572']
I think it is high time someone changed your status........you are an almost ( by a whisker) an Orthodox Religious, and certainly no longer a PM Alien!!!!!

I was going to send a private message, as I know the next couple of days you may not have time to be on PhVS much....

It has been a privilege and an honour. I will think of you and pray for you often and only hope that you can spare me the odd prayer.
Be very contented - it is deserved.
Be very Blessed - I am certain He will bless you in your walk towards total consecration to Him.
Many many hugs, and many many thanks for sharing your journey.
[/quote]

The honour is completely reciprocated.

You're making me weepy :) Having had to fight - it feels like - to get to this point, I am somewhat underwhelmed. I'm tearing up when people say nice stuff (and they have been saying a lot of nice stuff in the last couple of weeks) but other than that I'm pretty relaxed. Does it make sense to say I don't feel at all prepared, but I do feel ready?

I will bless the Lord at all times, his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord, let the afflicted hear and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt his name together! I suffered long and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. Look to him and be radiant, so your faces shall never be ashamed. This poor man cried and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles.

:nun2:

PS a religious badge would be beyond great! I didn't think I'd be allowed one so I haven't even considered it. If it happens by someone pulling the right strings, let me just say they have a free lifetime supply of prayers... ;)

I'm sure someone can pull strings with dUSt and get you a Religious tag!

I can't believe you're actually entering. After all your difficulties, you're leaving us very quickly all of a sudden! You will be very missed but you will always be in my prayers.

I hope AnneLine does keep us up to date on how you are doing. We're going to have to find someone else to answer all our questions on Orthodox nuns!

PhuturePriest

Oh, your message thing isn't working. I [i]suppose [/i]I forgive you for not responding to my message yet, then. :P

But really, I echo the statements by Clareni. I have learned very much from you, and I hope you've learned or have been helped by me in some way, such as deepening your desire to be a Religious over getting married to a stupid guy thanks to me and my antics. :rotfl:

I'll be happy to do it, VSers and Marigold.

I will say my goodbyes Marigold, because I will be off-board from Sat - Tuesday (most likely) or at best will have minimal check-in capabilities. I'm going to visit a very sick friend, and don't think I'll have a lot of internet access.

It's been a joy to have you on the Board --

You and Sr. Juchu and Antigonos remind us that all of us are seeking God and praising Him and loving him together. As we seek God's face, this is what we need to focus on ... serving God better each and every day and loving each other as He loves us.

I wish you every joy in your religious lilfe, and when and as you have tough times (you know they will happen) remember that we are loving and praying for you, and lift us up to God in the Divine Liturgy and your everyday prayers as well.

Look forward to hearing from you and sharing your messages with VS. Godspeed Sr. Marigold!

Edited by AnneLine

Carmelshrimp

I'll say goodbye now too Marigold. I'm going on retreat form this weekend to next - by which time you'll be there. Every prayer and blessing on your life with God. Seems to me that anybody with such a great sense of humour should be fine - even if you do like kittens! I'll keep you in my prayers while I'm on retreat especially.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1336080259' post='2426646']
Oh, your message thing isn't working. I [i]suppose [/i]I forgive you for not responding to my message yet, then. :P

But really, I echo the statements by Clareni. I have learned very much from you, and I hope you've learned or have been helped by me in some way, such as deepening your desire to be a Religious over getting married to a stupid guy thanks to me and my antics. [/quote]

Your words, not mine, Miles! :hehe2: It's been a pleasure. The world is your oyster. Find out what makes you happy and fight to do it. I'll be praying for you every day.

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1336083653' post='2426667']
I'll be happy to do it, VSers and Marigold.

I will say my goodbyes Marigold, because I will be off-board from Sat - Tuesday (most likely) or at best will have minimal check-in capabilities. I'm going to visit a very sick friend, and don't think I'll have a lot of internet access.

It's been a joy to have you on the Board --

You and Sr. Juchu and Antigonos remind us that all of us are seeking God and praising Him and loving him together. As we seek God's face, this is what we need to focus on ... serving God better each and every day and loving each other as He loves us.

I wish you every joy in your religious lilfe, and when and as you have tough times (you know they will happen) remember that we are loving and praying for you, and lift us up to God in the Divine Liturgy and your everyday prayers as well.

Look forward to hearing from you and sharing your messages with VS. Godspeed Sr. Marigold!
[/quote]

Amen. Thank you - for everything. We'll be in touch.

[quote name='Carmelshrimp' timestamp='1336118021' post='2426946']
I'll say goodbye now too Marigold. I'm going on retreat form this weekend to next - by which time you'll be there. Every prayer and blessing on your life with God. Seems to me that anybody with such a great sense of humour should be fine - even if you do like kittens! I'll keep you in my prayers while I'm on retreat especially.
[/quote]

Hee hee, and there's me thinking being such an incurable clown is going to get me into trouble! Thank you so much for your prayers and friendship.

:( Having a bit of a wibble. This is scary. Today I sent away my laptop and collected the last of my clothes from my room at my former employers'. I said goodbye to my best friend. I'm staying at my parents' over the weekend - I haven't had my own space here for a few years, but sleeping on the floor is not helping the feeling of losing everything with no guarantee of getting anything in return. I wish I could say I had the spiritual strength to give everything away simply for the love of Christ, without minding whether I get anything back, but that wouldn't be true. It's not the material things, not really, but the prospect of being really far away from my friends, and releasing control over my future.

I can't find the right words. Off to make some tea and watch election coverage.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1336165587' post='2427136']
:( Having a bit of a wibble. This is scary. Today I sent away my laptop and collected the last of my clothes from my room at my former employers'. I said goodbye to my best friend. I'm staying at my parents' over the weekend - I haven't had my own space here for a few years, but sleeping on the floor is not helping the feeling of losing everything with no guarantee of getting anything in return. I wish I could say I had the spiritual strength to give everything away simply for the love of Christ, without minding whether I get anything back, but that wouldn't be true. It's not the material things, not really, but the prospect of being really far away from my friends, and releasing control over my future.

[/quote]

You wouldn't happen to have a copy of The Story of a Soul, would you? Saint Therese has a lot of things to say about when she first entered, and I'm sure it would help you. If not, know that everything will get better. Soon enough you'll be so happy you can't put it in words.

Election coverage and tea... I'm not sure that's a good mix, at least not for me, anyway. Half the time I'm angry and I'm making unneeded angry movements with my hands, and the last thing I need is hot tea flying all over me.

Edited by FuturePriest387

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Marigold, I am going to say goodbye before I forget.

Even though we haven't really talked much on my time on Phatmass, I have learned so much. Whenever I post advice threads, I always see your wonderful advice. I will miss you so much. Good luck and God Bless, Marigold! :heart: :nun1:

maximillion

[quote][color=#282828]It's not the material things, not really, but the prospect of being really far away from my friends, and releasing control over my future.[/color][/quote]

This is part of the real sacrifice of oneself, and the aspect that brings ultimate joy in the giving.
It does seem very scary and an out of control thing to do, and it is. I know that you know this is the first big step to giving up ALL control and handing Him your will. Once this step is completed, it can seem like ages and ages before it's enormity can be reflected in Vows /Tonsure. Entrance can be so low key - yet so high an apparent cost.

With you in prayer every step of the way. Encouragement! He is holding your hand and has your heart resting next to His own.

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1336165587' post='2427136']

[/quote]

Totally normal feelings. Actually a good sign....

It's the feeling of being half way between two worlds... and it just happened so suddenly for you. Two weeks ago you were still trying to sort out the visa problems! So just give your heart and soul some time to adjust and you'll be fine....

Be gentle with yourself, enjoy what will help you to relax, and know our love, prayer & and thoughts folllow you.