An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entering The Convent, The Orthodox Way

marigold

AveMariaPurissima

Good-bye and God bless you, Marigold! You'll be in my prayers!

regina_coeli

No matter how difficult it is to detach from all that is familiar,the phamily is with you in prayer every mile of the way!

HopefulBride

Marigold,

This is hard, I am very happy for you and yet it's sad that VS is losing yet another valuable member. I pray that you have a safe journey to the US and that your family continues to heal through this separation.

Blessings,
HB

Mary's Margaret

God bless you, Marigold.Thank-you for sharing your journey: our prayers will be with you the rest of the way.

LaPetiteSoeur

I promise to write you letters!! Prayers as you enter, and may God's peace be ever in your soul!

Marigold,
I've been silent on the board for months, but that doesn't mean I haven't been reading.....and praying! I'm so happy about your entrance and wish you much peace and happiness. May our Lord and His Blessed Mother embrace you, protect you, and lead you on the path of holiness.

Guest Papillon

How beautiful! I just went on a retreat at an orthodox monastery near me which is very small - 3 "mothers" - and the whole joining process seems so different, like less of a formal process and application and more of a sense that "I think I should live here now" and working out of all the practicalities.

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1336262628' post='2427484']
God bless you, Marigold.Thank-you for sharing your journey: our prayers will be with you the rest of the way.
[/quote]

Thank you so much! Keep them coming. It's only by the prayers of friends that I'll persevere :blush:

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1336266146' post='2427507']
I promise to write you letters!! Prayers as you enter, and may God's peace be ever in your soul!
[/quote]

I can't wait for the first one! :) Will be very much praying for you and interested to hear how things pan out.

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1336314879' post='2427632']
Marigold,
I've been silent on the board for months, but that doesn't mean I haven't been reading.....and praying! I'm so happy about your entrance and wish you much peace and happiness. May our Lord and His Blessed Mother embrace you, protect you, and lead you on the path of holiness.
[/quote]

Thank you! As I said, only the prayers of others could possibly have brought me this far, and they are what will keep me going. The last few weeks have been overwhelming in just having to accept all the love and generosity and not have anything to return the favour, or even show how grateful I am. My priest reminded me that what I have a limitless supply of is prayer. So that's what I'm trying to give back for every person who has helped me on the way. Trying being the operative word, but I'm going to keep trying.

[quote name='Papillon' timestamp='1336341825' post='2427754']
How beautiful! I just went on a retreat at an orthodox monastery near me which is very small - 3 "mothers" - and the whole joining process seems so different, like less of a formal process and application and more of a sense that "I think I should live here now" and working out of all the practicalities.
[/quote]

Yes, it is a very different mentality. My entrance has been unusual in its level of paperwork and formality, although much of it has been just that, a 'formality', since I knew the community well and had lived with them by the time I applied on paper. Thinking back I only applied officially when we were starting the visa process; my acceptance was already settled by that point. I hope you had a restful and fruitful retreat! My cogs are whirring now, trying to figure out which monastery it was! :)

Hope though I did, my passport has still not been returned by the courier service. I'm getting towards annoyed at them since I had to pay £20 for it to be delivered in '3 to 5 days' ... This was last Monday after the visa interview. Today is a Bank Holiday in the UK, which probably means no post even for private delivery companies. No passport, no plane tickets. I swing between thinking this in-betweeny period has been nothing but blessing - a difficult and lonely blessing, but blessing none the less - and wondering why I'm having to wait at every.step.of.the.way.

:wall:

Hi Marigold (and everyone),

Only on line for a few seconds (traveling). I bet it is a little of both - a little extra 'sanity' time to adjust to the new thing that is happening and just plain FRUSTRATING!!! But I think you/we have to trust God's timing.... and I at least appreciate knowing what is happening. I don't know how much internet access I will have for next 2 days (leaving hotel now and will be with a friend until Wed AM... and unsure about internet opportunties. So.... if it all does happen before I am back on line, God bless you and Godspeed! If you are still here, we willl be happy to pray until the timing is right. I trust some angel somewhere is holding onto your travel documents..... God is good, and God's timing is always right... even though good grief it can be frustrating sometimes. Blessings!

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1336407355' post='2428100']
Hi Marigold (and everyone),

Only on line for a few seconds (traveling). I bet it is a little of both - a little extra 'sanity' time to adjust to the new thing that is happening and just plain FRUSTRATING!!! But I think you/we have to trust God's timing.... and I at least appreciate knowing what is happening. I don't know how much internet access I will have for next 2 days (leaving hotel now and will be with a friend until Wed AM... and unsure about internet opportunties. So.... if it all does happen before I am back on line, God bless you and Godspeed! If you are still here, we willl be happy to pray until the timing is right. I trust some angel somewhere is holding onto your travel documents..... God is good, and God's timing is always right... even though good grief it can be frustrating sometimes. Blessings!
[/quote]

I hope your visits are going well AnneLine! Safe travels. Surprisingly reassured to see you pop up :) I will almost certainly be here on Wednesday. The latest is that the courier service say they're delivering my passport [i]tomorrow[/i] - Tuesday. I'll be up early and pacing! If it goes smoothly then I'm hoping to take off Thursday/Friday. Let's keep praying!