An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is Your Favorite Order?

Little Flower

What is your favorite order?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Benedectines, in particular I like very much the Solesmes congregation.

But I also like the Missionaries of Charity very much.

Okay, so I'm torn. I chose two---Franciscan and Benedictine. I love the PCPA's (perhaps because I am friends with the nuns and help support 2 monasteries :) I've come to love their Franciscan spirituality and their devotion to the Blessed Sacrament.

Edited by Francis Clare

Dominican, specifically Domincan Missionaries for the Deaf Apolstolate.

I have a Domincan personality/mindset - pray and share the fruits of prayer.

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1320673511' post='2332522']
Franciscan and Carmelite :) Once my kids are older, I'm going to seriously consider joining the Third Order Carmelites.
[/quote]l

[size=5][color=#800000][b]Why wait until the children are grown?[/b][/color][/size]
[size=5][color=#800000][b]The "rule" for the OCDS is entirely doable for busy Mothers and gives a strength to the day.[/b][/color][/size]

PhuturePriest

Franciscans most definitely. They are the most popular Order, and there are about thirty-five thousand of them at the very least in the world. Without them, the world would be in chaos. I want to join the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal so badly, and there are rarely Orders that are half as extreme as them. There are some Monastic Orders such as Trappists which are more extreme, but when it comes down to the regular Orders such as Dominicans, Carmelites, and Franciscans, the Franciscans have a much more extreme lifestyle.

[quote name='EWIE' timestamp='1320692903' post='2332653']
l

[size=5][color=#800000][b]Why wait until the children are grown?[/b][/color][/size]
[size=5][color=#800000][b]The "rule" for the OCDS is entirely doable for busy Mothers and gives a strength to the day.[/b][/color][/size]
[/quote]

I appreciate the encouragement! It just seemed to me when I had read the duties and responsibilities, that it wasn't suited to me in my current situation. But at your advice I will look more closely. I feel a tugging on my heart for something like this and it may just be what the Lord is asking of me. Thank you for caring! :)

brandelynmarie

Wow...we have folks interested (using the term loosely meaning visits, entering, etc.) in RSM's, Carmelites cloistered & active, an SSVM, LSOP's, Dominicans including DSMME's, Benedictines, Orthodox, Franciscans, Religious Institutes & other forms of consecrated life...am I forgetting anyone? :idontknow:

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1320894442' post='2334124']
Wow...we have folks interested (using the term loosely meaning visits, entering, etc.) in RSM's, Carmelites cloistered & active, an SSVM, LSOP's, Dominicans including DSMME's, Benedictines, Orthodox, Franciscans, Religious Institutes & other forms of consecrated life...am I forgetting anyone? :idontknow:
[/quote]

I am interested and have lots of respect for the Trappist and Carthusian orders also. Visited the Trappists a couple of times - I think I like them because they follow the rule of St Benedict fairly strictly. Don't think I'm called to either though.

PhuturePriest

It saddens me to know that the Dominicans are winning. However, I'm fine, because there are way more Franciscans than Dominicans anyway, so we win in the long run.